"Topsfield....centuries of history" Topsfield by Pawtuxet
Topsfield Travel Guide: 18 reviews and 63 photos
Topsfield is a lovely New England town with marvelous town green, small business district, a few historic sites, and the main attraction ... the Topsfield Fair Grounds
JUST BACK FROM THE FAIR ... PICS OF FAIR IN GENERAL TIPS
On another day, our tour was for the main purpose of visiting the Antiques Show, but we were lucky to be able to include a tour of the old Capen House as well. You could visit the Fair, and the Apple Festival nearby....but there is an array of events which could keep you busy nearly every month of the year.
Topsfield has introduced a new Antiques Show which runs for 2 days 3 times a year. There are buildings and tents so that we don't have to worry about being rained out as we were in Brimfield this year.
The selection of antiques and collectibles was excellent. Not the place for junk collectors or super bargain hunters...but if you are serious about finding something in good condition and truly old...then it's quite a good show. There were about 150 dealers which makes it easily walkable so you can cover all of it comfortably. Food court was small and a bit pricey but they had some good choices...including chicken wraps, hot dogs, burgers, iced raspberry lemonade, and Ben & Jerry's ice cream... yum! (I had "coffee coffee buzz buzz buzz") Yes, that is really the name of the ice cream flavor.
check out the web site for future dates and times of shows to come.
We have an historic architect for a good friend...and he was able to cajole a volunteer to open this great old house for us while we were in Topsfield for the antique show. It was a real treat for us ... old house nuts that we are.
- Pros:The best of several centuries
- Cons:none...unless you are a total modernist
- In a nutshell:Wonderful town w/ lots of events I want to return to
Dressing the Clydesdales included braiding tales and adorning them with ribbons. These animals are awesome and should be... more travel advice
Topsfield is a typical American fair with all the trappings. That would include the biggest pumpkin, farm animals,... more travel advice
Pawtuxet's Related Pages
Topsfield Travel Guide
Badges & Stats in Topsfield
- 12 Reviews
- 47 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 7 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (56)
Have you been to Topsfield?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Topsfield
Photos in TopsfieldSee All Photos (47)
Top 10 Pages
- Krakow Intro, 53 reviews, 192 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Rockport Intro, 52 reviews, 163 photos, 2 travelogues
- Warsaw Intro, 47 reviews, 154 photos, 5 travelogues
- Pawtuxet Intro, 45 reviews, 144 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination New Hampshire Intro, 42 reviews, 140 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Savannah Intro, 33 reviews, 111 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Gloucester Intro, 33 reviews, 110 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Providence Intro, 35 reviews, 100 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Rhode Island Intro, 38 reviews, 91 photos, 3 travelogues
- Kolbuszowa Intro, 25 reviews, 100 photos, 2 travelogues