"Rockport... worth doing again and again" Top 5 Page for this destination Rockport by Pawtuxet
Rockport Travel Guide: 119 reviews and 304 photos
Once again I escaped my world and ran to Rockport to hide for a few days as a happy birthday to me present. I highly recommend it.
Rockport is always comfortable and rewarding for me whether I go pre-season, mid season or end of season. I find endless things to do and see.
Scenery for photographers, good fresh fish, terrific shopping, friendly people, and the sophistication of their newest theater. You can find many art galleries, go on a sunset sail, rent a kayak, walk several different beaches... or just find a bench or rock and sit in that wonderful sun.
Imagine all the stories these walls would tell if they could. Hundreds of people wander through Rockport on tour busses and vacationing every year. Just about every one of them takes a picture of this wonderful old fishing shack scituated prominently at the head of the small basin which is literally in the heart of the town.
The Rockport Art Association is on the main street and open daily. You can browse or buy.... no pressure.
Driving from Gloucester or Manchester to Rockport - you can find a number of coves and beaches. Beautiful views all around.
- Pros:Crashing ocean, peaceful coves, great seafood, artists' colonies...sunshine!!
- Cons:Never enough time to explore every corner
- In a nutshell:Rockport feels like a second home to me
There is a very old business in Rockport called Tuck's Salt Water Taffy. At their store in the main square, you can... more travel advice
My choice for a hideaway on this trip was the Seven South Street Inn B&B. It's just up the little hill from the center... more travel advice
- See All Fishermens' Coop ~ weighing in
- See All The Theater comes to Rockport
- See All Candids
Pawtuxet's Related Pages
Rockport Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Rockport... worth doing again and again"
- "The Jewel of Cape Ann"
- "diver-x's Rockport Page"
- "Rockport Christmas Stroll"
- "MANGOBLUE'S ROCKPORT PAGE"
- "BuickMackane's Rockport, MA Page (I lived here!)"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Rockport
- Hotels in Rockport
- Transportation in Rockport
- Nightlife in Rockport
- Restaurants in Rockport
- Shopping in Rockport
- Warnings and Dangers in Rockport
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Rockport
- 52 Reviews
- 164 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 41 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (40)
Have you been to Rockport?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Rockport
- Posted in Travel Krakow Forum "Re: Restaurants in Jewish quarter"
- Wrote a Review Watch them make your Salt Water Taffy in Rockport Things to Do
- Uploaded a Photo to "Watch them make your Salt Water Taffy"
- updated a Rockport Travel Page "Rockport... worth doing again and again"
- Commented on one of garridogal's Rockport travel pages
Top 10 Pages
- Krakow Intro, 53 reviews, 194 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Rockport Intro, 52 reviews, 164 photos, 2 travelogues
- Warsaw Intro, 47 reviews, 154 photos, 5 travelogues
- Pawtuxet Intro, 45 reviews, 144 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination New Hampshire Intro, 42 reviews, 136 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Savannah Intro, 33 reviews, 114 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Gloucester Intro, 32 reviews, 105 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Providence Intro, 33 reviews, 99 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Rhode Island Intro, 38 reviews, 91 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Long Island Intro, 27 reviews, 99 photos