"Provincetown ~ Cape Cod" Top 5 Page for this destination Provincetown by Pawtuxet
Provincetown Travel Guide: 193 reviews and 382 photos
Provincetown finds its roots as an artists' colony, which has continued into recent years. The artists' styles have changed somewhat from the guy in a big hat sitting on the side of the road painting streetscapes or seascapes ... to the very sophisticated who display their work in charming galleries along Commercial Street.
Many people come to Provincetown because of the beaches, dunes, seafood, shops, galleries or ... because of the comfort of being "out of the closet". It all comes together in an ecclectic way, making this a fun destination for just about everybody.
Commercial Street is as it sounds. Shops are interesting, fun, funky, and often fascinating.
Everybody has to walk up and down to see what, who, how, and why....
Gardens and architecture always seem to occupy my thoughts...and you'll find plenty to satisfy you if that's your pleasure.
- Pros:Gorgeous, salty, funky, fun, entertaining
- Cons:Parking is a bear. Pay the tab...prepare to walk
- In a nutshell:Wonderful memories ... whatever the decade
Seeing Provincetown on the map gives you a better idea of what the place is like, I think. You are definately driving... more travel advice
Forever PLAID was written and originally directed and choreeographed by Stuart Ross. It's a stitch. Four man... more travel advice
Pawtuxet's Related Pages
Provincetown Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Provincetown ~ Cape Cod"
- "Land's End"
- "2nd Stop,Cape Cod National Seashore"
- "zChris's Provincetown"
- "The many charms of Cape Cod...."
- "Provincetown, MA"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Provincetown
- Hotels in Provincetown
- Transportation in Provincetown
- Nightlife in Provincetown
- Restaurants in Provincetown
- Shopping in Provincetown
- Warnings and Dangers in Provincetown
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Provincetown
- 12 Reviews
- 42 Photos
- 1 Forum posts
- 11 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (58)
Have you been to Provincetown?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Provincetown
- Posted in Travel Poland Forum "Re: First timer questions."
- Commented on one of Basaic's Provincetown travel pages
- Wrote a Review Check out where it is ! maps included in Provincetown Things to Do
- Uploaded a Photo to "Provincetown ~ Cape Cod"
- updated a Provincetown Travel Page "Provincetown ~ Cape Cod"
Photos in ProvincetownSee All Photos (42)
Top 10 Pages
- Krakow Intro, 53 reviews, 192 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Rockport Intro, 52 reviews, 164 photos, 2 travelogues
- Warsaw Intro, 47 reviews, 154 photos, 5 travelogues
- Pawtuxet Intro, 45 reviews, 144 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination New Hampshire Intro, 42 reviews, 136 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Savannah Intro, 33 reviews, 114 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Gloucester Intro, 33 reviews, 110 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Rhode Island Intro, 38 reviews, 91 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Providence Intro, 33 reviews, 96 photos, 1 travelogue
- Kolbuszowa Intro, 25 reviews, 100 photos, 2 travelogues