"Osterville....or.... "O-ville", as they say" Osterville by Pawtuxet
Osterville Travel Guide: 20 reviews and 68 photos
Osterville has a fashionable business district, a quiet and sophisticated demeanor, and of course...a wonderful shoreline.
There is a rich history of boat building and sailing here. Gardens flourish and the community gets involved in matters of celebrating their good fortune to live in a place so beautiful as this.
I was lucky to be there on Osterville Days weekend, when everyone comes out to celebrate, visit, enjoy the parade, visit the variety of buildings and displays at the historic society, and have a light lunch around town.
It was a glorious time..weather wise, and I can highly recommend this little place for your day tripping pleasure.
The Jelly House is a very small structure which would typically be built alongside the road on Cape Cod, and the owners would sell their home made Beach Plum Jelly or similar products out of this site. Years ago the Cape was known for a place to do a leisurely drive, stopping often at galleries, gift shops, and little places like this to buy home made products.
The Jelly House sits on the land owned by the Osterville Historical Society. There are a number of buildings in the complex...all worth visiting.
Each year O-ville celebrates "Village Day" with a parade, antique cars, art festival and plenty of fun for all ages.
- Pros:Beautiful, peaceful, ideallic, convenient
- Cons:Don't look for bright lights and noisy hot spots
- In a nutshell:Great spot to kick back and take it easy
I couldn't resist giving you a few photos of the drive going into Osterville. It's such a pretty area. Something about... more travel advice
I was in Osterville over the Halloween weekend and my friend, Marlene had agreed to participate in her church's... more travel advice
Pawtuxet's Related Pages
Osterville Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Osterville....or.... "O-ville", as they say"
- "Osterville--Cape Cod, Massachusetts"
- "Beautiful Osterville!"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Osterville
- 18 Reviews
- 68 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 10 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (40)
Have you been to Osterville?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Osterville
Top 10 Pages
- Krakow Intro, 53 reviews, 194 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Rockport Intro, 52 reviews, 164 photos, 2 travelogues
- Warsaw Intro, 47 reviews, 154 photos, 5 travelogues
- Pawtuxet Intro, 45 reviews, 144 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination New Hampshire Intro, 42 reviews, 136 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Savannah Intro, 33 reviews, 114 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Gloucester Intro, 32 reviews, 105 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Providence Intro, 33 reviews, 99 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Rhode Island Intro, 38 reviews, 91 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Long Island Intro, 27 reviews, 99 photos