"Newburyport ~ history, architecture, boating" Newburyport by Pawtuxet
Newburyport Travel Guide: 24 reviews and 59 photos
Newburyport has her best dress on all the time, it seems. The homes are beautifully restored and preserved....each one more beautiful than the one before it. The waterfront has been developed to include outdoor sculpture, sitting areas, a promenade, boat tours, and tourist information building ..... along with the necessary public parking. There is an interesting business district full of restaurants and shops that lure the visitor with lovely storefronts and signage. I arrived late in the day so I missed the hustle and bustle of the business district...but enjoyed the late day sun streaming across this exquisite architecture. I'll probably visit again next time I"m staying in Rockport. It's a very scenic drive that you can enjoy for the hour or so it might take to amble up there from the Gloucester - Rockport area.
Newburyport is located just 35 miles north of Boston
For the latest in Newburyport events, shopping and dining, sign up for an e-mail newsletter at www.newburyportchamber.org
A town known for being oneof the finest places in the country to go bird watching. Programs and tours available throughout the year for all sorts of environmental hikes and special sites.
This is a town just chock block full of interesting things to do in all seasons. I'm very impressed with their local organizations and community involvement.
- Pros:Gorgeous early American architecture
- Cons:A bit too far from Boston...slightly remote, altho some folks commute
- In a nutshell:Lovely New England village to while away your hours.
Newburyport has one of the more extensive lists of birding programs you will find anywhere. Known as the premier bird... more travel advice
Fences matching the mansion....wonderful details to notice as you pass through this wonderfully restored community. more travel advice
Pawtuxet's Related Pages
Newburyport Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Newburyport ~ history, architecture, boating"
- "Downtown Newburyport"
- "Newburyport is Quaint in a Modern Sort of Way"
- "Newburyport, Massachusetts"
- "shailja's new Newburyport Page"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Newburyport
- Restaurants in Newburyport
- Shopping in Newburyport
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Newburyport
- 13 Reviews
- 14 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 10 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (40)
Have you been to Newburyport?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Newburyport
- Posted in Travel Krakow Forum "Re: TRAIN OR PLANE FROM WARSAW TO..."
- Commented on one of garridogal's Newburyport tips
- Wrote a Review This is for the BIRDS !!! in Newburyport Things to Do
- Uploaded a Photo to "This is for the BIRDS !!!"
- updated a Newburyport Travel Page "Newburyport ~ history, architecture, boating"
Top 10 Pages
- Krakow Intro, 53 reviews, 194 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Rockport Intro, 52 reviews, 164 photos, 2 travelogues
- Warsaw Intro, 47 reviews, 154 photos, 5 travelogues
- Pawtuxet Intro, 45 reviews, 144 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination New Hampshire Intro, 42 reviews, 136 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Savannah Intro, 33 reviews, 114 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Gloucester Intro, 32 reviews, 105 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Providence Intro, 33 reviews, 99 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Rhode Island Intro, 38 reviews, 91 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Long Island Intro, 27 reviews, 99 photos