"Hyannis .... Cape Cod" Top 5 Page for this destination Hyannis by Pawtuxet
Hyannis Travel Guide: 47 reviews and 51 photos
Cape Cod has many little towns and villages stretching out into the ocean on this glorious peninsula of Massachusetts. There is a creative community which is always concocting various ways to attract tourists and amuse, entertain or refresh them. The hot new item this year is the "Whale Trail". You discover them throughout the Cape and learn a bit more about the community in the process. There are more than 50 whales waiting to be discovered. When they appear in a group...such as in Hyannis, they are considered a "pod". Makes sense. There are sponsors for each whale, which is decorated individually by local artists. Each has its own message and personality. The sponsor donates money for the installation and at the end of the tourist season, each whale will be sold with proceeds going to a favorite charity or non-profit organization.
My friend, Marlene is pictured here with the whale she sponsored in her work for one of the banks in town. The local artist chose Andy Warhol prints, Marilyn Monroe, Campbell soup cans, (you get the idea) and this whale sits at the corner in front of Marlene's bank at the west end of the Main Street. You can find out more at www.CapeAndIslandsWhaleTrail.com or call 508-744-6780. The slogan is "Join us this summer for a whole new kind of whale watch." There are brochures scattered around the town to tell you more.
Who could visit the Cape without trying some of the wonderful sea food? You might only want a quick lunch on the run...or you might choose to relax over a leisurely dinner in the evening and then walk the waterfront...which remains lively well into the evening.
The lure of the ocean is always there. Even if you aren't the one doing the fishing, a half day ride on a cruiser to get out in the middle of the bay is an exciting and refreshing way to spend the day. There are many, many options to choose from when it comes to cruising, fishing, and other water related activities.
- Pros:Tons of sun and fun and water and seafood and art galleries.....
- Cons:never enough time...always the same complaint
- In a nutshell:The Cape is a wonderful place to explore
The working fishing boats share the dock space with the tourist boats in Hyannis. It makes it interesting to see the... more travel advice
So many options on the waterfront around Hyannis. You could also rent one of these large boats if you have a fundraiser... more travel advice
Pawtuxet's Related Pages
Hyannis Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Hyannis .... Cape Cod"
- "The Kennedy-watching continues"
- "Barnstable "Hot Spot""
- "Feff's new Hyannis Page"
- "SeaBreezeUSA's Hyannis Page"
- "Great place for day trips"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Hyannis
- Hotels in Hyannis
- Transportation in Hyannis
- Nightlife in Hyannis
- Restaurants in Hyannis
- Shopping in Hyannis
- Warnings and Dangers in Hyannis
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Hyannis
- 17 Reviews
- 22 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 10 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (40)
Have you been to Hyannis?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Hyannis
Photos in HyannisSee All Photos (22)
Top 10 Pages
- Krakow Intro, 53 reviews, 194 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Rockport Intro, 52 reviews, 164 photos, 2 travelogues
- Warsaw Intro, 47 reviews, 154 photos, 5 travelogues
- Pawtuxet Intro, 45 reviews, 144 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination New Hampshire Intro, 42 reviews, 136 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Savannah Intro, 33 reviews, 114 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Gloucester Intro, 32 reviews, 105 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Providence Intro, 33 reviews, 99 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Rhode Island Intro, 38 reviews, 91 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Long Island Intro, 27 reviews, 99 photos