"Concord ~" Top 5 Page for this destination Concord by Pawtuxet
Concord Travel Guide: 74 reviews and 137 photos
We lost count on the churches of Concord. The architecture is pure, simple, and elegant. There are almost as many church spires as there are famous names connected to this little town. Well protected and cared for....you can discover many wonderful things to explore starting with their cemetery and historic homes of famous writers. The town deserves a second or third trip, I think. If you're into early American homes and grave rubbing...this is the place for you.
FOR HISTORY BUFFS, the Sudbury/Concord/Lexington area offers many famous sites of the American Revolution as well as the birthplaces of many of America's early poets and authors.
We weren't sure how the stones in this venerable old cemetery could possibly have worn so well as they had. It made us wonder if they weren't reproductions in many cases...??? I've never seen such an enormous collection of beautiful early American stones with perfect lettering as was found here. If someone has any information about this, I would love to hear about it.
Meantime, it was fascinating to see so many perfectly preserved gravesites.
Just a few miles down a beautiful winding road, you can find the Wayside Inn. It's a National Historic Site... reportedly America's oldest operating Inn.
PLEASE SEE MY TRAVELOGUE on my SUDBURY page FOR MORE ON THE INN....
- Pros:Rich in American history and architecture
- Cons:Not for those wanting excitement & bright lights
- In a nutshell:Concord is a quintessential New England village...lovely
We studied the Thomas Pellett house for quite a while. The placque says it was built 1670's - 1728. My son conjectured... more travel advice
Fascinating to stand close by and stare into the waterfall...sparkling in the sun. Water power sites are commonly found... more travel advice
Pawtuxet's Related Pages
Concord Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Concord ~"
- "The next town over"
- "The literary heart and soul of the US"
- "zChris's Concord"
- "A Great Place for Bookworms"
- "Concord, Ma...literary heaven"
- "Concord, MA"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Concord
- Hotels in Concord
- Transportation in Concord
- Restaurants in Concord
- Warnings and Dangers in Concord
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Concord
- 22 Reviews
- 35 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 11 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (56)
Have you been to Concord?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Concord
Photos in ConcordSee All Photos (35)
Top 10 Pages
- Krakow Intro, 53 reviews, 192 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Rockport Intro, 52 reviews, 163 photos, 2 travelogues
- Warsaw Intro, 47 reviews, 154 photos, 5 travelogues
- Pawtuxet Intro, 45 reviews, 144 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination New Hampshire Intro, 42 reviews, 140 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Savannah Intro, 33 reviews, 111 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Gloucester Intro, 33 reviews, 110 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Providence Intro, 35 reviews, 100 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Rhode Island Intro, 38 reviews, 91 photos, 3 travelogues
- Kolbuszowa Intro, 25 reviews, 100 photos, 2 travelogues