"Concord ~" Top 5 Page for this destination Concord by Pawtuxet

Concord Travel Guide: 74 reviews and 138 photos

Town of Spires

We lost count on the churches of Concord. The architecture is pure, simple, and elegant. There are almost as many church spires as there are famous names connected to this little town. Well protected and cared for....you can discover many wonderful things to explore starting with their cemetery and historic homes of famous writers. The town deserves a second or third trip, I think. If you're into early American homes and grave rubbing...this is the place for you.
FOR HISTORY BUFFS, the Sudbury/Concord/Lexington area offers many famous sites of the American Revolution as well as the birthplaces of many of America's early poets and authors.

The art of graveyard stones

We weren't sure how the stones in this venerable old cemetery could possibly have worn so well as they had. It made us wonder if they weren't reproductions in many cases...??? I've never seen such an enormous collection of beautiful early American stones with perfect lettering as was found here. If someone has any information about this, I would love to hear about it.
Meantime, it was fascinating to see so many perfectly preserved gravesites.

National HIstoric Site nearby-Wayside Inn

Just a few miles down a beautiful winding road, you can find the Wayside Inn. It's a National Historic Site... reportedly America's oldest operating Inn.

PLEASE SEE MY TRAVELOGUE on my SUDBURY page FOR MORE ON THE INN....

• Pros:Rich in American history and architecture
  • Cons:Not for those wanting excitement & bright lights
  • In a nutshell:Concord is a quintessential New England village...lovely
  • Last visit to Concord: Jun 2006
  • Intro Updated Sep 5, 2009

• Sep 5, 2008 at 3:27 PM

As a kid, I use to frequent Concord quite a bit. I love the outdoors, & the town is abundant with opportunities for cycling, hiking & kayaking. The town’s historical aspect is amazing as well.

• VeronicaG's Profile Photo
    May 23, 2007 at 11:44 AM

I enjoyed strolling through your Concord page, Janet. It's too bad we never ventured there when living in the Northeast. Maybe someday we'll visit....

• matcrazy1's Profile Photo
    Nov 1, 2006 at 8:53 AM

Wonderful page. Great ravelogues on Wayside and the cemetery. We have All Saints Day in Poland today ---> we just came back from cemeteries :-)

• deecat's Profile Photo
    Jul 6, 2006 at 5:48 PM

Terrific work, Janet, from the travelogue through all the tips. Of course, I would be delighted because of the parks, gardens, architecture, gravestones, and a bit of history.

• TempNomad's Profile Photo
    Jul 6, 2006 at 8:01 AM

A wonderful page! It's certainly much more comprehensive than mine. :) Thank you for sharing!

• Michael_D's Profile Photo
    Jun 30, 2006 at 10:37 AM

I had a "peek" and my gravestone wasnt there(whew!) Michael

• ObsessedWithSalem's Profile Photo
    Jun 28, 2006 at 10:49 AM

Wow Janet, wonderful pictures of the gravestones!! That is odd that they are so readable, for sure a rare find!

• tiabunna's Profile Photo
    Jun 28, 2006 at 12:09 AM

An interesting and enjoyable page, Janet. Glad you added a copy of the text in the first photo, I'd have taken ages to work it out! Tend to agree with your view on the Thomas Pellett house.

• gosiaPL's Profile Photo
    Jun 27, 2006 at 10:57 PM

I love the pictures, and your tips give a good feel of the place. This place be right up my street... ;-D

• ZiOOlek's Profile Photo
    Jun 25, 2006 at 7:24 PM

As I promised I come back.;) Really great updates.:) The town seems to simillar to my hometown - small and cosy... :D Take care, Janet.

Pawtuxet

“The World As A Family ~”

Badges & Stats in Concord

Have you been to Concord?

Latest Activity in Concord