"Brewster on OLDE CAPE COD" Brewster by Pawtuxet

Brewster Travel Guide: 24 reviews and 149 photos

Ye Old General Store

the Brewster Store was built in 1852 as a Universalist Church and was converted to a general store in l866. You can find ice cream, good coffee, soulveneirs, kitchen items, grocery items, candy, and a little bit of everything else. Lots of benches out front for people to set a bit and chat with other travellers.
True Americana....and very handy.

• Last visit to Brewster: Jul 2003
  • Intro Written Jul 20, 2003

• garridogal's Profile Photo
    Aug 29, 2014 at 8:05 AM

Love Brewster and the General Store. Great town!

• Pawtuxet's Profile Photo
      Aug 30, 2014 at 5:38 AM

thanks for your note. Happy to see someone on VT who knows the Cape.

• garridogal's Profile Photo
      Aug 30, 2014 at 8:36 AM

Well, it had been a loooong time since I'd been there. But lucky me, I got to go 2x this summer!

• tiabunna's Profile Photo
    Jul 13, 2006 at 4:52 AM

This looks an interesting corner of the state. I have to be careful of antique shops - MrsTiabunna gets carried away, but if I stand still they put a 'for sale' sign around my neck. :-)

• kazander's Profile Photo
    Apr 7, 2004 at 11:16 AM

I was in Brewster many years ago, thanks for bringing back the memories!

• gosiaPL's Profile Photo
    Nov 24, 2003 at 6:14 AM

Do these antique shops in Brewster have any.... tea cups perhaps ? Tell them I'm on my way ;-)

• acemj's Profile Photo
    Aug 15, 2003 at 11:08 AM

It definitely sounds like a great place to get a taste of true Americana. Thanks, Janet.

• matcrazy1's Profile Photo
    Jul 28, 2003 at 6:32 AM

Janet, thank you very much for sharing info on that magic area - artist's colonies? hehe, I love such places and they (artists) usually choose best places to stay :-))

• kiwi's Profile Photo
    Jul 26, 2003 at 2:43 PM

I'll sit with craic and watch the world go bye! And I love your idea of taking a 'day long' vacation for a booster!! Thanx Janet!!

• CdnJane's Profile Photo
    Jul 24, 2003 at 7:23 PM

You've brought back ancient memories. My grandparents came down to Cape Cod for 37 years, and stayed near Brewster. I went with them when I was 14 and got addicted to the fudge! It was delightful... and I never want to eat another bite of fudge again!!!!!

• craic's Profile Photo
    Jul 24, 2003 at 7:04 PM

I could sit on the porch of that store all afternoon!

Pawtuxet

“The World As A Family ~”

Badges & Stats in Brewster

Have you been to Brewster?

Latest Activity in Brewster