"Sultry, Mysterious Savannah" Top 5 Page for this destination Savannah by Pawtuxet
Savannah Travel Guide: 828 reviews and 1,603 photos
I was lucky to be able to visit SAVANNAH again. My son and his wife were there on business,so it was a perfect opportunity to CELEBRATING MY BIRTHDAY ALL MONTH LONG!!! :-)
THANKS FOR BEING PATIENT TIL I FINALLY GOT BACK TO MY PAGE.
Savannah has a special appeal. Maybe it's her canopy of trees with all the Spanish moss dripping from every branch. The mystery is encouraged by the city fathers who bill her as the most haunted city. There are many stories of ghosts and magic potions.... and the mood is intensified by the very fabric of the historic district. So many wonderful old dwellings protecting the secrets within and fortified with the iron scrollwork so typical and plentiful. The obvious districts along the waterfront and around the City Market must be explored, for sure. But then to get to the heart of this mystical city, you must move more slowly through the small lanes and streets, circling the many park squares... to discover the little cafes, shops, museums, and galleries. OR THE VERY LIVELY WATERFRONT STRIP.
Tybee Island offers large expanses of open sky, beach and dunes. This is the popular summer playground of the sun worshippers... and those who like a bit of honkey tonk on sultry summer nights.
Green Truck Pub
"Casual neighborhood burgers, sandwiches, soups and salads.
Mindful sourcing and scratch-made meals, including hand-cut fries, homemade ketchup and house-canned pickles.
Featuring a thoughtful selection of craft beers and quality, affordable wines.
Damn good food."
- Pros:A wonderful mystery to explore
- Cons:Some wonder should I feel safe here?
- In a nutshell:Get in the groove and enjoy your discoveries!
We thought we had found a good restaurant...right along the River Street with nice views of the waterfront activity.... more travel advice
Here is a restaurant you must visit if you really care about what you eat. The food is probably the best I sampled in... more travel advice
Pawtuxet's Related Pages
Savannah Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Sultry, Mysterious Savannah"
- "An Exotic, Steamy Woman Heats Up Georgia!"
- "savannah, georgia"
- "SAVANNAH SCENE"
- "Don't Miss Savannah"
- "The one hundred garden city"
- "Charming Savannah"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Savannah
- Hotels in Savannah
- Transportation in Savannah
- Nightlife in Savannah
- Restaurants in Savannah
- Shopping in Savannah
- Warnings and Dangers in Savannah
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Savannah
- 33 Reviews
- 114 Photos
- 1 Forum posts
- 28 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (41)
Have you been to Savannah?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Savannah
- Posted in Travel Rockport Forum "Re: does anyone know if it is..."
- Commented on one of Pawtuxet's Savannah travel pages
- updated a Savannah Travel Page "Sultry, Mysterious Savannah"
- Uploaded a Photo to "Sultry, Mysterious Savannah"
- Wrote a Review Be careful of tourist trap restaurants. in Savannah Warnings and Dangers
Top 10 Pages
- Krakow Intro, 53 reviews, 194 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Rockport Intro, 52 reviews, 164 photos, 2 travelogues
- Warsaw Intro, 47 reviews, 154 photos, 5 travelogues
- Pawtuxet Intro, 45 reviews, 144 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination New Hampshire Intro, 42 reviews, 136 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Savannah Intro, 33 reviews, 114 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Gloucester Intro, 32 reviews, 105 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Providence Intro, 33 reviews, 99 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Rhode Island Intro, 38 reviews, 91 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Long Island Intro, 27 reviews, 99 photos