"DAYTONA BEACH....NOT JUST A PARTY TOWN" Top 5 Page for this destination Daytona Beach by Pawtuxet
Daytona Beach Travel Guide: 253 reviews and 524 photos
STILL A CONSTRUCTION SITE...
One of my proudest days was when our son, Christopher graduated from Embry Riddle Aeronautical University in Daytona Beach. Known as the finest school of its kind in the country, Chris completed his Aviation Maintenance Technology degree with Avionics in the Florida sunshine. (he rather liked the sunshine part of it)
Of course the beaches are wonderful...everyone always got a kick out of driving their cars up and down on the beach to see and be seen by the beauties. We used to bring our kids when Chris was less than a year old, so he has a very long association with Daytona Beach.
If it's arcades you crave...there are plenty of amusements along the boardwalk. Large hotels overlook the beach and ocean....find one with a pool next to the beach, if the salt water doesn't appeal.
Another favorite is the Daytona Raceway. Christopher has NASCARs in his blood and a mother has to hope he never drives one of those! The speed of those cars as they come around in front of the stands is absolutely frightening. Plenty of thrills for a motorhead.
Explore still further and you'll find the old Daytona...still shaded by big oak old trees dripping with Spanish moss. We found a great B&B to stay in during Chris' graduation days. Best fresh squeezed orange juice we've ever had!
- Pros:Plenty of sunshine, beach, palm trees and speedway
- Cons:Traffic is horrid during race week, bike week....
- In a nutshell:Daytona is fine if you go off season or know where to drive
Christopher, the graduate, is on the left with beard. He cut off his long hair just prior to graduation and the beard... more travel advice
We brought Christopher to see the school when he was about 10 or 12 years old while we were vacationing in Florida. At... more travel advice
Pawtuxet's Related Pages
Daytona Beach Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "daytona beach, florida"
- "Bike Week in Daytona, Florida"
- "ICW Trip 2001 Leg 24 Daytona Beach"
- "DAYTONA BEACH....NOT JUST A PARTY TOWN"
- "Daytona Beach"
- "Daytona - a beach and a racetrack"
- "Daytona Beach, FL"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Daytona Beach
- Hotels in Daytona Beach
- Transportation in Daytona Beach
- Nightlife in Daytona Beach
- Restaurants in Daytona Beach
- Shopping in Daytona Beach
- Warnings and Dangers in Daytona Beach
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Daytona Beach
- 5 Reviews
- 7 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 7 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (56)
Have you been to Daytona Beach?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Daytona Beach
- Commented on one of gwened's Daytona Beach tips
- Posted in Travel Krakow Forum "Re: Krakow Airport ATM's"
- updated a Daytona Beach Travel Page "DAYTONA BEACH....NOT JUST A PARTY TOWN"
- Uploaded a Photo to "DAYTONA BEACH....NOT JUST A PARTY TOWN"
- Wrote a Review The graduate & accomplices in Daytona Beach Favorites
Photos in Daytona BeachSee All Photos (7)
Top 10 Pages
- Krakow Intro, 53 reviews, 192 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Rockport Intro, 52 reviews, 163 photos, 2 travelogues
- Warsaw Intro, 47 reviews, 154 photos, 5 travelogues
- Pawtuxet Intro, 45 reviews, 144 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination New Hampshire Intro, 42 reviews, 140 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Savannah Intro, 33 reviews, 111 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Gloucester Intro, 33 reviews, 110 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Providence Intro, 35 reviews, 100 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Rhode Island Intro, 38 reviews, 91 photos, 3 travelogues
- Kolbuszowa Intro, 25 reviews, 100 photos, 2 travelogues