"DAYTONA BEACH....NOT JUST A PARTY TOWN" Top 5 Page for this destination Daytona Beach by Pawtuxet

Daytona Beach Travel Guide: 225 reviews and 472 photos

Lots of visits over the years...

STILL A CONSTRUCTION SITE...

One of my proudest days was when our son, Christopher graduated from Embry Riddle Aeronautical University in Daytona Beach. Known as the finest school of its kind in the country, Chris completed his Aviation Maintenance Technology degree with Avionics in the Florida sunshine. (he rather liked the sunshine part of it)
Of course the beaches are wonderful...everyone always got a kick out of driving their cars up and down on the beach to see and be seen by the beauties. We used to bring our kids when Chris was less than a year old, so he has a very long association with Daytona Beach.
If it's arcades you crave...there are plenty of amusements along the boardwalk. Large hotels overlook the beach and ocean....find one with a pool next to the beach, if the salt water doesn't appeal.
Another favorite is the Daytona Raceway. Christopher has NASCARs in his blood and a mother has to hope he never drives one of those! The speed of those cars as they come around in front of the stands is absolutely frightening. Plenty of thrills for a motorhead.
Explore still further and you'll find the old Daytona...still shaded by big oak old trees dripping with Spanish moss. We found a great B&B to stay in during Chris' graduation days. Best fresh squeezed orange juice we've ever had!

Find a shady spot under an old oak tree

• Pros:Plenty of sunshine, beach, palm trees and speedway
  • Cons:Traffic is horrid during race week, bike week....
  • In a nutshell:Daytona is fine if you go off season or know where to drive
  • Last visit to Daytona Beach: Dec 1995
  • Intro Updated Feb 17, 2007

• JLBG's Profile Photo
    Dec 4, 2008 at 10:24 PM

When I saw the name Daytona, I was expecting something different. Race car circuit, isn't one there? Your Daytona looks a nice place to visit.

• VeronicaG's Profile Photo
    Mar 29, 2008 at 9:34 AM

Daytona Beach sounds like a wonderful place as we head out of winter and glimpse Spring--umm....a sunny beach....salt air...and lots of relaxation!

• JudyinPA's Profile Photo
    Aug 14, 2007 at 5:34 PM

This is one of the areas we plan to be in over winter. Hope we like the races. 4 months of sunshine, we hope. The dogs won't much like the warm and sand.

• deecat's Profile Photo
    Apr 18, 2007 at 3:59 PM

What a delight to read about the school, the graduation, the family. Daytona looks interesting and the school sounds wonderful.

• 850prc's Profile Photo
    Mar 28, 2007 at 6:41 AM

an ERAU grad. Good stuff, Janet. I thnk there's another Embry Riddle in Arizona, right? We used to hit DB every winter for Special Olympics, when my daughter was doing the bowling thing. :)

• tiabunna's Profile Photo
    Mar 2, 2007 at 11:20 PM

What a great 'family' page. Daytona looks an interesting place too - I must admit as an old 'revhead' I knew of it only for the car races!

• matcrazy1's Profile Photo
    Feb 19, 2007 at 4:02 PM

Haha, very warm page and I can see how happy you all were there. It had to be great event. I love palm trees and live oaks dripping with Spanish moss. Nice place... off peak season, I guess.

Pawtuxet

“The World As A Family ~”

Badges & Stats in Daytona Beach

Have you been to Daytona Beach?