"THE SPECIAL VIBRATIONS OF CASSADAGA ~" Top 5 Page for this destination Cassadaga by Pawtuxet

Cassadaga Travel Guide: 26 reviews and 47 photos

LAUGH IF YOU WISH, BUT THERE IS SOMETHING......

I've visited Cassadaga a number of times over the years. Mostly I went with family to spend an afternoon, visit the book store, have some lunch...or perhaps sit by the water and relax. The hotel has a little lunch room and gift shop.

Cassadaga is a town where everyone who lives there is a psychic, a medium, or a channeller.

The thing of it is that these psychics chose this place for its special vibrations years ago and there are still people living here for the same reason. It does feel good. Don't know why I've always had the same experience, but when you are there you can feel a peacefullness...a calm...it's almost spiritual. I'm very curious about all of this, and so I had to return to have a reading and think about it further. I went alone so I could experience it more fully.
Some people make fun of things like that...or think it's for Halloween...similar to the reactions to Salem. I tend to want to explore these places in more depth. I want to know why the place attracts psychics the way it has for so many years.

CHOICES - OPPORTUNITIES - AMUSEMENT? - CURIOSITY

Of course many people come to Cassadaga to make fun just as if they were making fun of people in a side show at the circus. Probably these are the very people who should stop to think about how we are all different and yet the same...and it might be beneficial to take an opportunity for introspection or at the very least ... explore other peoples' way of looking at the world. I find these ventures refreshing.
Let us see what sort of a reaction I get from each of you. :-)

There is a stillness in Cassadaga.....

• Last visit to Cassadaga: Apr 2007
  • Intro Updated Oct 18, 2009

• TheWanderingCamel's Profile Photo
    Dec 16, 2009 at 6:17 AM

Your jasmine is Jasminum nitidum - aka Angelwing jasmine - it comes from the Admiralty Islands in the southwest Pacific. You never know what you're going to find in those Florida bsckwaters,so why not a town full of mystics and mediums. Interesting! leyle

• icunme's Profile Photo
    Oct 24, 2009 at 10:29 AM

Great, Janet - now I know where to go to find out what my Italian ancestors think of my return to the homeland! Grazie for another lovely tour. Ciao, Carol

• hunterV's Profile Photo
    Oct 18, 2009 at 11:11 AM

It's a very nice poetic description... Thanks, Janet! ><><><

• JLBG's Profile Photo
    Dec 4, 2008 at 10:19 PM

What an amazing place ! The world capital of mediums ?

• nicolaitan's Profile Photo
    Dec 1, 2008 at 11:36 AM

you do have a way of finding these great little towns, altho i think the wife would be happier in lake helen. nice page - the kind of place i would visit.

• Michael_D's Profile Photo
    Nov 7, 2007 at 7:48 AM

Ive met a number of psychics and healers from Cassadaga as they boften set up shop in Mt Dora as well, but in 25 yrs in Fla Ive never actually been there. Will do soon Mike

• 850prc's Profile Photo
    Jul 6, 2007 at 5:05 PM

I could never live in Cassadaga, Janet. I'm an XL, not a medium. ;)

• scottishvisitor's Profile Photo
    May 25, 2007 at 7:54 AM

I love bookstores & great scenery = your page has both!!

• Jenniflower's Profile Photo
    May 23, 2007 at 1:04 PM

Not my cup of tea at all to be frank (whole psychic astrology thing), but like what you have to say re the other things the town offers :)

• tiabunna's Profile Photo
    May 16, 2007 at 6:47 AM

This place looks so tranquil, Janet, I guess that's what attracted the psychics, just as it appealed to you. I've tried to identify the steer, my best guess is brahman crossed with longhorn. :)

Pawtuxet

“The World As A Family ~”

Badges & Stats in Cassadaga

Have you been to Cassadaga?

Photos in Cassadaga