"MYSTIC SEAPORT.... A MUSEUM VILLAGE" Top 5 Page for this destination Mystic Seaport by Pawtuxet
Mystic Seaport Travel Guide: 35 reviews and 184 photos
MYSTIC SEAPORT is admittedly a tourist attraction... but one that is done very well. It's educational while entertaining. The various buildings house a barrel shop, a blacksmith, a ship's chandellry, and many more early trades.
Pictured here is the Charles W. Morgan, a Whaling Ship which was restored and re-floated by the preservationists at Mystic Seaport. Visitors can walk all over it and question the volunteer guides.
Mystic Seaport can be reached off Rte. 95 in Connecticut...about a half hour from the Rhode Island state line.
If you ever have a chance to do an evening where you learn to cook on an open fire... and enjoy the dinner in an early American home... whether it is in Mystic or elsewhere... seize the opportunity. It's as if you stepped into another world. It's entertaining, educational and delicious!
We signed up for a cooking class held in an 18th century home... and "taught" or hosted by two very experienced guides in costume. The limit is about 12 people per class...because of space and seating at the table. What a great night that was! My husband still talks about it. We tried cooking on our own old fireplace and brick oven... but afraid we are still in the amateur class.
We went to Mystic for an open hearth cooking class. Two women run the class and help everyone to be involved in the... more travel advice
The guides at Mystic Seaport are really knowledgeable and helpful. They talk about how the men processed the whales at... more travel advice
Pawtuxet's Related Pages
Mystic Seaport Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "MYSTIC SEAPORT.... A MUSEUM VILLAGE"
- "Revisit in the Summer"
- "Seaport or Aquarium"
- "Of America and the Sea"
- "Our visits to Mystic Seaport"
- "Mystic Seaport"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Mystic Seaport
- Hotels in Mystic Seaport
- Transportation in Mystic Seaport
- Restaurants in Mystic Seaport
- Shopping in Mystic Seaport
- Warnings and Dangers in Mystic Seaport
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Mystic Seaport
- 8 Reviews
- 10 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 7 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (40)
Have you been to Mystic Seaport?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Mystic Seaport
- Posted in Travel Paris Forum "Re: Any marathon runners out..."
- Commented on one of Pawtuxet's Mystic Seaport travel pages
- updated a Mystic Seaport Travel Page "MYSTIC SEAPORT.... A MUSEUM VILLAGE"
- Uploaded a Photo to "MYSTIC SEAPORT.... A MUSEUM VILLAGE"
- Wrote a Review COOKING OVER AN OPEN FIRE ~ Buckingham Hall c.1780 in Mystic Seaport Local Customs
Top 10 Pages
- Krakow Intro, 53 reviews, 194 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Rockport Intro, 52 reviews, 164 photos, 2 travelogues
- Warsaw Intro, 47 reviews, 154 photos, 5 travelogues
- Pawtuxet Intro, 45 reviews, 144 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination New Hampshire Intro, 42 reviews, 136 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Savannah Intro, 33 reviews, 114 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Gloucester Intro, 32 reviews, 105 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Providence Intro, 33 reviews, 99 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Rhode Island Intro, 38 reviews, 91 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Long Island Intro, 27 reviews, 99 photos