"VAIL, COLORADO" Top 5 Page for this destination Vail by Pawtuxet

Vail Travel Guide: 176 reviews and 318 photos

Vail is a town built for skiing. The mountains are amazing...Behind our lodge was this pristine stream...so pure and fresh.
We travelled to Vail to visit our son, who decided to work out there and enjoy some premier skiing for a couple of years. He had a great time...snowboarding, biking, meeting hundreds of new people. (He tends bar) The town is pristine. Almost looks like you are in Switzerland. It gave me a Disney feeling, tho. Very artificial and expensive. The countryside and the drive through the mountains was breathtaking. You just need to be there for skiing...or hiking.

• Pros:Beautiful mountains...clean, pure air
  • Cons:Artificial town, expensive, no room for those without resources...
  • In a nutshell:Ski, eat, drink, and go home
  • Last visit to Vail: Dec 1999
  • Intro Updated May 4, 2008

• hunterV's Profile Photo
    Nov 15, 2009 at 9:12 AM

Hi, Janet~! So you've enjoyed your trip I see! Great!

• icunme's Profile Photo
    Oct 1, 2009 at 6:53 AM

Now where did Dutch get that ventursome spirit? <(•¿•)>

• BruceDunning's Profile Photo
    Sep 1, 2009 at 3:22 PM

Great picture of your son and the small house you all lived in there-or was it just an out HOuse? It looks and sounds like a real adventure out in the remote areas.

• tiabunna's Profile Photo
    May 4, 2008 at 4:26 AM

I liked your description of it giving a 'Disney feeling" - I'm a rare visitor at ski resorts, but I also gained that feeling of artificiality. They can be scenic and interesting though.

• VeronicaG's Profile Photo
    Mar 29, 2008 at 9:30 AM

I've never had the pleasure of visiting Vail, but I know it's a popular stop for those who love to ski--the view from the mountains must be spectacular!

• LoriPori's Profile Photo
    Apr 9, 2007 at 4:12 AM

We passed through Vail many years ago. It is indeed a beautiful area. Also thanks for stopping by my Mount Dora.

• Michael_D's Profile Photo
    Mar 8, 2005 at 5:51 AM

I lived in Denver for awhile. I have fond memories of Vail...also Central City, Loveland and the Coors factory in Evergreen/Golden Colo.(Adolph Coors is a Cornell grad;-)..Mike

• tini58de's Profile Photo
    Feb 13, 2005 at 7:48 AM

The Rockies are fascinating with and without snow - that scenery looks just wonderful!

• matcrazy1's Profile Photo
    Jan 14, 2005 at 10:30 AM

Nice age. I like your honest con's and interesting off the beaten path tip.

• Bwana_Brown's Profile Photo
    Jan 11, 2004 at 9:24 AM

It does look like a nice place to visit - if, as you say, you can afford it !

Pawtuxet

“The World As A Family ~”

Badges & Stats in Vail