"Warm up to San Diego" Top 5 Page for this destination San Diego by Pawtuxet
San Diego Travel Guide: 3,221 reviews and 7,426 photos
Loads of beautiful trees, flowers, vines, museums, an artists' village, and of the course the famed Balboa Park Zoo.... these are the beginning of your exploration of Balboa Park.
You may want to explore other neighborhoods such as South Park or go to the Gas Lamp District downtown... or perhaps you'll wander over to Coronado to see the glorious Hotel del Coronado.
All this plus the beaches and the opportunity to go over the border for a jaunt into Mexico... lots to see and enjoy.
What a stunner this one is! The hotel has the oldest continuously operating elevator in the US with a man in a 1920's uniform who operates it for you. The building is the largest wood frame building in the U. S. as well.
There are places for lunch, shops, bar, outdoor walkways, and a fabulous beach out in front.
It may be too expensive to stay there, but visitors are welcome at the various eateries, bars, and a public section of the beach.
It was January in Rhode Island, and we came home to a blizzard....but in La Jolla the surf was up and the surfers were having a great time. Some were body surfing. There were dolfins spotted a little way off shore. The temp was around 75 - 78 degrees while we were there. It cools off at night enough for a sweater or light jacket. Some call it "ideal weather conditions".
- Pros:Beaches and sunshine are plentiful
- Cons:Freeways and malls are plentiful
- In a nutshell:Fast growing and modern
A number of adobe buildings with red tiled roofs are grouped around a small plaze dotted with bougainvillea and cactus.... more travel advice
The Old Town conservers have tried to create an informative display within these reproduction buildings...and they have... more travel advice
- Outdoor dining, Mexican food, TALL...
- Many would think of this as a tourist...
- See All Heritage Park Sherman Gilbert House
Pawtuxet's Related Pages
San Diego Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "San Diego, California"
- "San Diego"
- "Jim_Eliason's San Diego Page"
- "Warm up to San Diego"
- "PAGE DEDICATED TO LINDA (lmkluque on VT)"
- "Something for everyone...San Diego"
- "Our San Diego Adventure"
- See All...
- Things to Do in San Diego
- Hotels in San Diego
- Transportation in San Diego
- Nightlife in San Diego
- Restaurants in San Diego
- Shopping in San Diego
- Warnings and Dangers in San Diego
- See All...
Badges & Stats in San Diego
- 38 Reviews
- 74 Photos
- 6 Forum posts
- 47 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (40)
Have you been to San Diego?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in San Diego
- Posted in Travel Krakow Forum "Re: TRAIN OR PLANE FROM WARSAW TO..."
- Commented on one of Pawtuxet's San Diego tips
- Wrote a Review Spanish Village Art Studio within Balboa Park - in San Diego Things to Do
- Uploaded a Photo to "Spanish Village Art Studio within Balboa Park -"
- updated a San Diego Travel Page "Warm up to San Diego"
Top 10 Pages
- Krakow Intro, 53 reviews, 194 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Rockport Intro, 52 reviews, 164 photos, 2 travelogues
- Warsaw Intro, 47 reviews, 154 photos, 5 travelogues
- Pawtuxet Intro, 45 reviews, 144 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination New Hampshire Intro, 42 reviews, 136 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Savannah Intro, 33 reviews, 114 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Gloucester Intro, 32 reviews, 105 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Providence Intro, 33 reviews, 99 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Rhode Island Intro, 38 reviews, 91 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Long Island Intro, 27 reviews, 99 photos