"The Brilliance of La Jolla" Top 5 Page for this destination La Jolla by Pawtuxet

La Jolla Travel Guide: 275 reviews and 755 photos

A Favorite Scene

This may not be the most beautiful view in La Jolla, but I use it as my cover photo because of the memories attached to it. We lived in San Diego in the 60's and spent wonderful sunny Sundays on this beach with our little kids and friends....picnics and cook outs...and endless hours of being lazy. Some of my best times when living in California.

• Pros:Exquisite coastline, clean beaches, fabulous cliffs, wildlife, surf.....
  • Cons:On the verge of being overbuilt... everyone wants to be here
  • In a nutshell:Not to be missed if you are in the San Diego area
  • Last visit to La Jolla: Jan 2005
  • Intro Updated Feb 11, 2005

• Yaqui's Profile Photo
    Apr 12, 2014 at 8:13 AM

Its such a lovely place to visit. Everytime I visit my sister and niece we head off and explore different areas of SD. Lovely page!

• hunterV's Profile Photo
    Aug 5, 2009 at 8:49 AM

Hi, Janet! It's a fabulous place to visit and to enjoy... Thanx for sharing heer! ><><><

• JLBG's Profile Photo
    Nov 21, 2008 at 9:54 PM

Excellent pictures of pelicans! I sure would have gone to visit the caves if I had been there! I feel that the trees are regular olive trees twisted and crooked by the always blowing ocean winds

• Dabs's Profile Photo
    Apr 20, 2008 at 7:35 AM

I'm hoping to have time to stop in LaJolla next week when I am in San Diego, thanks for the tips!

• Jan 5, 2008 at 5:25 PM

This is a beautiful place!

• Ewingjr98's Profile Photo
    May 3, 2007 at 8:29 AM

Thanks for the La Jolla tips! During my last visit I didn't get to see too much. I guess it's time to return. Joe

• ForestqueenNYC's Profile Photo
    Oct 3, 2006 at 9:19 AM

Janet, Hi. I loved your La Jolla page. I love La Jolla. I am in CA until after the first of the year and go down to see my 92 year old stepfather in SD once a month. Hope to persuade my sister to stop in La Jolla for lunch the next time we go.

• tiabunna's Profile Photo
    Aug 10, 2006 at 5:37 AM

An enjoyable page, your comments and photos of pelicans reminded me of the (Ogden Nash??) verse!

• sarahjayn's Profile Photo
    Jun 18, 2005 at 2:50 PM

la jolla looks lovely!

• tpangelinan's Profile Photo
    Mar 4, 2005 at 3:56 PM

Wonderful page here! You disribe it so beautifully now I want to go there! You know we love the beach! Great photos and very helpful info, Thanks :o)

Pawtuxet

“The World As A Family ~”

Badges & Stats in La Jolla

Have you been to La Jolla?

Latest Activity in La Jolla