Kolbuszowa Local Custom Tips by Pawtuxet
Kolbuszowa Local Customs: 3 reviews and 9 photos
The Poles have a long history of carving figures and toys out of wood. There was a wonderful collection from (I would guess) a popular toy maker which was exhibited in one of the buildings in the Skansen village. The figures and toys made for tourists today are not of my liking...not quite the same personal touch..... but it is possible to find carvers and true "naive art" if you search for it.
I think this is one of the purest versions of folk art in Poland. These shrines are placed in locations where the country people can stop to pray if they can't get to the local church. Sometimes the shrine commemorates a person's death from a car accident. However, the true older version is the farmer taking time during his hard work day to stop and worship. The devotion of these people is overwhelming.
We pass this shrine on a tree trunk as we enter the Skansen Village along a little walking path. P.S. When I returned to Poland 2 yrs. after taking this photo, Gosia searched the internet and found a pic of this shrine..and it said it was donated in memory of Josef Rzasa!!! My family name. May have been a relative. Can you imagine such a coincidance? Each of my trips have been filled with destiny.
The farm country of Poland is so peaceful, unadorned, pure. It's as if time stood still here. There is no hustle and bustle...life proceeds in a quiet steady pace. I found the farmlands very restful. I'd like to spend more time around these hard working people.
More Reviews (20)
Pawtuxet's Related Pages
Kolbuszowa Travel Guide
- Things to Do in Kolbuszowa
- Hotels in Kolbuszowa
- Restaurants in Kolbuszowa
- Shopping in Kolbuszowa
- See All...
Explore the World
- El Tajín Hotels
- Waldorf Hotels
- Osage Beach Hotels
- Shanksville Hotels
- San Felice del Benaco
- Huntington Beach Local Customs
- Bora-Bora Local Customs
- San Remo Local Customs
- Fátima Local Customs
- Bardolino Local Customs
- Sankt Wolfgang im Salzkammergut Local Customs
- San Rafael Local Customs
- Burkina Faso Local Customs
- Tipping and taxes
- Crete Island Local Customs
- Hawaii (Big Island) Local Customs
- Reunion Local Customs
Badges & Stats in Kolbuszowa
- 23 Reviews
- 89 Photos
- 4 Forum posts
- 41 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (40)
Have you been to Kolbuszowa?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Kolbuszowa
- Posted in Travel Washington D.C. Forum "Re: What to do around Washington DC"
- Commented on one of poreby's Kolbuszowa travel pages
- updated a Kolbuszowa Travel Page "KOLBUSZOWA ~ MY HERITAGE"
- Uploaded a Photo to "Bicycles and cemetaries ~2003"
- Wrote a Review Farm life at Skansen in Kolbuszowa Off The Beaten Path
Photos in KolbuszowaSee All Photos (89)
Top 10 Pages
- Krakow Intro, 53 reviews, 194 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Rockport Intro, 52 reviews, 165 photos, 2 travelogues
- Warsaw Intro, 47 reviews, 154 photos, 5 travelogues
- Pawtuxet Intro, 45 reviews, 144 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination New Hampshire Intro, 42 reviews, 136 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Savannah Intro, 33 reviews, 114 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Gloucester Intro, 32 reviews, 105 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Providence Intro, 33 reviews, 99 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Rhode Island Intro, 38 reviews, 91 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Long Island Intro, 27 reviews, 99 photos