"Significant Crossroads" Top 5 Page for this destination Rzeszow by Pawtuxet
Rzeszow Travel Guide: 29 reviews and 56 photos
Back to Rzeszow with my friend Wladek on a mission to explore some archives. While there, we walked the town, stopped for lunch, enjoyed a wonderful coffee cafe, and I was amazed at how much I had missed on the first trip. It's really a very charming college town which had some similarity to Sandomierz. It's one of Wladek's favorite places and I've now added it to my list of neat little towns in Poland. Worth returning to explore further.
We passed through Rzeszow as I searched for my grandfather's village. We had driven south in a rental car, explored Czestochowa, Pajezno, and a few other little places. We headed for Rzeszow by train from Krakow and planned a short stay in Rzeszow while we explored yet another village nearby. When we finished our mission, we boarded the train from Rzeszow back to Warsaw. The thing about Rzeszow is that it is a very good connecting town when on route to north, east, south or west. We weren't there long enough to enjoy its ammenities, altho we did walk a fair distance to find a little internet location. At the time, there weren't many places to log on, but this little tiny building had several computers and it was very inexpensive to connect for a half hour or so.
Like many college towns, Rzeszow is set up to wander, drink coffee, and hang out. Just enjoy being there and maybe enjoy a public concert in the square.
from the city's web site...
"Rzeszów is an economic, scientific and cultural centre of southeastern Poland, the capital of the Podkarpackie Province and the seat of the Authorities of the Catholic Diocese. With an area of 97,6 Sq. Km. and population of about 173,000 it is one of the largest cities in this region. The location in the wide Wislok River valley, on the border of the Sandomierska Basin and the Carpathian Foothills, the two physical geographical units stand in contrast with each other, dividing the region into two parts differing in topography and nature. In the south, the horizon line of the city is marked by the Strzyzowsko-Dynowskie Plateau, divided by the winding valley of the Wislok River. In the north, a natural depression, called the Podkarpacie Trough then rises into the Kolbuszowski Tableland, which is largely covered with forests of the former Sandomierska Primeval Forest. The proximity to the southern and eastern frontiers makes Rzeszów an important communication centre. "
- Pros:Charming eateries, cafes, and good train connections
- In a nutshell:Convenient, well located
I flew out of Poland using Rzeszow airport for the first time. It's big enough to have a sophisticated assortment of... more travel advice
Michael was the taxi driver we engaged for a half day out of Rzeszow. It was a short drive to Kolbuszowa, and he was as... more travel advice
Pawtuxet's Related Pages
Rzeszow Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Ben-UK's Rzeszow page"
- "Significant Crossroads"
- "under construction"
- "My visit to Rzeszow"
- "City of Rzeszow"
- "Bieszczady mountains"
- "bean's Rzeszow and Sanok Page"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Rzeszow
- Hotels in Rzeszow
- Transportation in Rzeszow
- Nightlife in Rzeszow
- Restaurants in Rzeszow
- Warnings and Dangers in Rzeszow
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Rzeszow
- 5 Reviews
- 13 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 16 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (58)
Have you been to Rzeszow?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Rzeszow
- Posted in Travel United States of America Forum "Re: Family Visiting US for the..."
- Commented on one of Pawtuxet's Rzeszow travel pages
- Wrote a Review Air service convenient and accessible in Rzeszow Transportation
- Uploaded a Photo to "Air service convenient and accessible"
- updated a Rzeszow Travel Page "Significant Crossroads"
Photos in RzeszowSee All Photos (13)
Top 10 Pages
- Krakow Intro, 53 reviews, 192 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Rockport Intro, 52 reviews, 163 photos, 2 travelogues
- Warsaw Intro, 47 reviews, 154 photos, 5 travelogues
- Pawtuxet Intro, 45 reviews, 144 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination New Hampshire Intro, 42 reviews, 140 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Savannah Intro, 33 reviews, 114 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Gloucester Intro, 33 reviews, 110 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Providence Intro, 35 reviews, 100 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Rhode Island Intro, 38 reviews, 91 photos, 3 travelogues
- Kolbuszowa Intro, 25 reviews, 100 photos, 2 travelogues