"Significant Crossroads" Top 5 Page for this destination Rzeszow by Pawtuxet

Rzeszow Travel Guide: 29 reviews and 53 photos

I rediscovered Rzeszow

Back to Rzeszow with my friend Wladek on a mission to explore some archives. While there, we walked the town, stopped for lunch, enjoyed a wonderful coffee cafe, and I was amazed at how much I had missed on the first trip. It's really a very charming college town which had some similarity to Sandomierz. It's one of Wladek's favorite places and I've now added it to my list of neat little towns in Poland. Worth returning to explore further.

=============================2002
We passed through Rzeszow as I searched for my grandfather's village. We had driven south in a rental car, explored Czestochowa, Pajezno, and a few other little places. We headed for Rzeszow by train from Krakow and planned a short stay in Rzeszow while we explored yet another village nearby. When we finished our mission, we boarded the train from Rzeszow back to Warsaw. The thing about Rzeszow is that it is a very good connecting town when on route to north, east, south or west. We weren't there long enough to enjoy its ammenities, altho we did walk a fair distance to find a little internet location. At the time, there weren't many places to log on, but this little tiny building had several computers and it was very inexpensive to connect for a half hour or so.

Walk, shop, eat, drink coffee...

Like many college towns, Rzeszow is set up to wander, drink coffee, and hang out. Just enjoy being there and maybe enjoy a public concert in the square.

a bit about Rzeszow...

from the city's web site...
"Rzeszów is an economic, scientific and cultural centre of southeastern Poland, the capital of the Podkarpackie Province and the seat of the Authorities of the Catholic Diocese. With an area of 97,6 Sq. Km. and population of about 173,000 it is one of the largest cities in this region. The location in the wide Wislok River valley, on the border of the Sandomierska Basin and the Carpathian Foothills, the two physical geographical units stand in contrast with each other, dividing the region into two parts differing in topography and nature. In the south, the horizon line of the city is marked by the Strzyzowsko-Dynowskie Plateau, divided by the winding valley of the Wislok River. In the north, a natural depression, called the Podkarpacie Trough then rises into the Kolbuszowski Tableland, which is largely covered with forests of the former Sandomierska Primeval Forest. The proximity to the southern and eastern frontiers makes Rzeszów an important communication centre. "

• Pros:Charming eateries, cafes, and good train connections
  • In a nutshell:Convenient, well located
  • Last visit to Rzeszow: Sep 2014
  • Intro Updated Dec 9, 2014

• evaanna's Profile Photo
    Dec 10, 2014 at 4:15 AM

Never been to Rzeszów, except in passing years ago. It looks like a nice place. Glad you enjoyed your visit there.

• Pawtuxet's Profile Photo
      Dec 11, 2014 at 4:34 AM

Very different from first time. It reminds me of Sandomierz. Tower at center, music in the square....lovely old buildings. Very picturesque.

• luckysnap's Profile Photo
    Jun 30, 2013 at 8:11 AM

What percentage of the population speaks English?

• Pawtuxet's Profile Photo
      Jul 3, 2013 at 6:24 AM

difficult to say. Those who are of a certain age, had to learn English in school. We weren't in the city very long, but hotel desk clerk was helpful. Taxi driver very little English but good sign language. :-)

• HORSCHECK's Profile Photo
    Aug 16, 2010 at 1:02 PM

Janet, lovely little page about Rzeszow, which we visited for half a day on our latest adventures in Poland.

• JLBG's Profile Photo
    Oct 25, 2009 at 1:17 PM

Great adventure!

• evaanna's Profile Photo
    Aug 21, 2009 at 6:43 AM

I'm glad you enjoyed your visit to Rzeszow. Did your husband spot any deer on the way?

• BeatChick's Profile Photo
    Jul 20, 2009 at 6:46 PM

Lervely crossroads town, indeed!!

• hunterV's Profile Photo
    Jan 11, 2009 at 9:24 AM

I see it's a very attractive destination for a nice stay!

• scottishvisitor's Profile Photo
    Nov 26, 2008 at 2:13 PM

Michael your taxi driver has a familiar look :) so Polish & your hotel sounds good too

• 68maciek's Profile Photo
    Nov 26, 2008 at 2:23 AM

Mind you places like Lancut, Przeworsk, Lezajsk, Jaroslaw for the future.

• tiabunna's Profile Photo
    Oct 22, 2007 at 5:20 PM

Rzeszow sounds a comfortable and convenient stopover, Janet. Pity (from the comment) that the hotel has gone, though I guess there's another.

Pawtuxet

“The World As A Family ~”

Badges & Stats in Rzeszow

Have you been to Rzeszow?

Latest Activity in Rzeszow