"Ancient Tarnow.... a beauty" Tarnow by Pawtuxet
Tarnow Travel Guide: 4 reviews and 9 photos
Unfortunately I happened to be in Tarnow out of necessity and accident. I was driving Gosia and I from Krakow to Kolbuszowa when I became ill and had to get off the highway. We found a hotel and I took to my bed for a couple of days. It was awful. One of those things where you sleep almost around the clock except to get up and be sick some more.
Gosia was priceless. Such a sport. She made the best of it and took some time to see a bit of the town while I slept... and came back to check on me often.
The hotel staff was fabulous. They made me chicken soup and vegetables and all the things they thought would make me well again. They didn't even charge me for their wonderful healing broths. I am very thankfull to them for such good care and concern.
I could see the wonderful church out the window... Gosia told me there were many fascinating things to explore in this quiet little town.
As soon as I was well enough to drive, we were on our way again... with a promise to ourselves that we would return another day.
You might check Gosia's pages so she can tell you all about the things she found. She is "GosiaPL".
Info on the hotel is included here...but I must say there seemed to be several possibilities.
Tarnow dates to 1330... and there is a wonderful 14th century cathedral which dominates its skyline. The cathedral was reconstructed in 1889-1891 and is a magnificent and cherished centerpiece ... along with the town hall pictured above.
Pawtuxet's Related Pages
Tarnow Travel Guide
Badges & Stats in Tarnow
- 1 Reviews
- 4 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 5 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (41)
Have you been to Tarnow?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Tarnow
- Posted in Travel Washington D.C. Forum "Re: What to do around Washington DC"
- Uploaded a Photo to "A friendly "port in the storm""
- updated a Tarnow Travel Page "Ancient Tarnow.... a beauty"
- Wrote a Review A friendly "port in the storm" in Tarnow Hotels
- Commented on one of rjb0460's Tarnow travel pages
Top 10 Pages
- Krakow Intro, 53 reviews, 194 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Rockport Intro, 52 reviews, 165 photos, 2 travelogues
- Warsaw Intro, 47 reviews, 154 photos, 5 travelogues
- Pawtuxet Intro, 45 reviews, 144 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination New Hampshire Intro, 42 reviews, 136 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Savannah Intro, 33 reviews, 114 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Gloucester Intro, 32 reviews, 105 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Providence Intro, 33 reviews, 99 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Rhode Island Intro, 38 reviews, 91 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Long Island Intro, 27 reviews, 99 photos