"JACKSON HOLE, WYOMING" Top 5 Page for this destination Wyoming by Pawtuxet

Wyoming Travel Guide: 2,813 reviews and 8,194 photos

Jackson Hole is a naturalist's dream. Hiking, climbing, riding, fishing..couldn't be more idealic.

Jackson Hole sits at the side of the Great Teton Mountains just south of the Yellowstone National Park. Lots of National parks and protected lands all around it.
It felt like a saucer or a basin in the midst of a vast wilderness...with mountains in a complete circle all around you. Lots of ranching all around ... horseback riding...herding cattle...it's all a page out of the old western movies.

• Intro Updated Nov 7, 2007

• GentleSpirit's Profile Photo
    Apr 28, 2013 at 5:46 AM

The wide-openness is something very appealing. the views look super!

• Ewingjr98's Profile Photo
    Nov 17, 2008 at 4:24 PM

Thanks for the e-postcard... looks like you had a nice visit... maybe not as rushed as my quick overnight stop!

• JLBG's Profile Photo
    Apr 17, 2007 at 9:56 PM

I spent only a moment in Jackson Hole in 1980 and enjoyed it! No cowboy show, though! What a wonderful cabin in the middle of nowhere! I like it.

• Florida999's Profile Photo
    May 19, 2006 at 5:56 PM

I am so looking forward to Wyoming, 6 more weeks... Thanks for the tip on the Dam, I like looking at things like that too!!

• Bwana_Brown's Profile Photo
    Jan 26, 2006 at 5:41 PM

Janet, a nice look at this part of the far West! This is a part of North America that I want to see a lot more of! I agree with you, when I see my historical sites, I like them to be authentic.

• dejavu2gb's Profile Photo
    May 10, 2005 at 8:59 AM

Hey Janet... How are things... thought I would have a bit of a read on your page... Jackson Hole seems very remote and also a little, Wild Wild West... seems a nice place for a relaxing time...

• deecat's Profile Photo
    Apr 20, 2005 at 2:42 PM

A fun page to read. Not my cup of tea, but vicariously I enjoyed it. Beautiful landscape and mountains, but seemed contrived. Like your honesty and wit. Some brilliant photographs.

• gale.blog.pl's Profile Photo
    May 31, 2004 at 12:38 PM

The place seems a little artificial but still very very pleasant and interesting :) I adored your beautiful pics :)

• Stephen-KarenConn's Profile Photo
    May 6, 2004 at 8:23 PM

Beautiful photos and good tips of a place where I have many happy memories. Hope I can take Karen back some day.

• Roeffie's Profile Photo
    Feb 24, 2004 at 5:08 AM

Unfortunately we had only little time here! We drove all the way from Salt Lake to Yellowstone!

Pawtuxet

“The World As A Family ~”

Badges & Stats in Wyoming

Have you been to Wyoming?

Latest Activity in Wyoming