New Hampshire Local Custom Tips by Pawtuxet Top 5 Page for this destination
New Hampshire Local Customs: 24 reviews and 32 photos
Moonlight Meadery - a nice start up business
Not far from Hudson, NH where our son is living we found a MEADERY! One of the oldest drinks in the world... this meadery has a small tasting room and tours which include free glasses. Their mead can be bought in a number of flavors from Blueberry to Coffee. It's made from local honey and local fruits (where possible). They are very creative in their assortment of flavors from fairly dry to quite sweet. You can also buy plain old fashioned mead which is very nice as well. We enjoyed our visit and carried away a half dozen bottles between us. Brought one to a dinner party when we got home and they raved about it.
These entrepeneures are now distributing their mead to over a dozen states and they are still growing. Look for it and take a drive to New Hampshire - such a beautiful state.
Dutch, Chris and the local dog
My sons have loved Lake Winnepesaukee since the first moment they saw it...and the first time one of them fell off the dock. So many great sunny days spent with good friends. The Lake is just that kind of place.
No doubt about it, you haven't been to Lake Winnepesauke until you've taken a canoe out on the lake....and probably fallen overboard! Part of the fun.
Our friends have a Jack Russell terrier who loves to stand out on the surf board. Looks like he's ready to go. I don't know if anyone has ever challenged him to a real speedy ride. :-)
You can find these roadside businesses scattered throughout New England, but moreso in New Hampshire and Cape Cod. If you are lucky you will find a man who makes the whimsical art from scratch and creates his own design. Unfortunately there isn't much money in that, so we now see people selling things which come from a kit. However some of the whirlygigs are colorful and fun...and who could resist spending time in a Cape Cod swing?
More Reviews (37)
- See All Courtyard ~ reasonable and comfortable
- See All more antiqueing along Antique Alley
- See All A TRUE country fair
- See All Great sea food - fast service,...
- See All Explore Antique Alley
Pawtuxet's Related Pages
New Hampshire Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "NEW HAMPSHIRE ~~ a few highlights"
- "My Favorite State in the Eastern United States"
- "New England's Alter Ego"
- "Getting the whole point of New Hampshire"
- "diver-x's New Hampshire Page"
- "Spectacular New Hampshire"
- "This is my Home"
- See All...
- Things to Do in New Hampshire
- Hotels in New Hampshire
- Transportation in New Hampshire
- Nightlife in New Hampshire
- Restaurants in New Hampshire
- Shopping in New Hampshire
- Warnings and Dangers in New Hampshire
- See All...
Explore the World
- Young Harris Hotels
- Tsitsikammabos en Seekus Nasionale Park Hotels
- Beaulieu-sur-Dordogne Hotels
- Ponte di Legno Hotels
- Kostromskaya Oblast'
Badges & Stats in New Hampshire
- 53 Reviews
- 168 Photos
- 3 Forum posts
- 2 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (40)
Have you been to New Hampshire?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in New Hampshire
- Posted in Travel Washington D.C. Forum "Re: What to do around Washington DC"
- Commented on one of Pawtuxet's New Hampshire tips
- Uploaded a Photo to "Find something creative and cool in Hudson"
- updated a New Hampshire Travel Page "NEW HAMPSHIRE ~~ a few highlights"
- Wrote a Review Courtyard ~ reasonable and... in New Hampshire Hotels
Top 10 Pages
- Krakow Intro, 53 reviews, 194 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Rockport Intro, 52 reviews, 165 photos, 2 travelogues
- Warsaw Intro, 47 reviews, 154 photos, 5 travelogues
- Pawtuxet Intro, 45 reviews, 144 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination New Hampshire Intro, 42 reviews, 136 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Savannah Intro, 33 reviews, 114 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Gloucester Intro, 32 reviews, 105 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Providence Intro, 33 reviews, 99 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Rhode Island Intro, 38 reviews, 91 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Long Island Intro, 27 reviews, 99 photos
Top New Hampshire hotels
- North Conway Hotels
- 82 Reviews - 218 Photos
- Bartlett Hotels
- 14 Reviews - 23 Photos
- Jackson Hotels
- 7 Reviews - 9 Photos
- Lincoln Hotels
- 28 Reviews - 62 Photos
- Manchester Hotels
- 67 Reviews - 107 Photos
- Nashua Hotels
- 71 Reviews - 88 Photos
- Sanbornton Hotels
- 2 Reviews - 5 Photos
- Hampton Beach Hotels
- 24 Reviews - 82 Photos
- Portsmouth Hotels
- 266 Reviews - 1292 Photos
- Wolfeboro Hotels
- 23 Reviews - 48 Photos
- Mount Cardigan State Park Hotels
- 1 Review - 19 Photos
- Bedford Hotels
- 5 Hotels
- Franconia Hotels
- 17 Reviews - 109 Photos
- Meredith Hotels
- 2 Hotels
- Ashland Hotels
- 2 Reviews - 1 Photo