"NEW HAMPSHIRE ~~ a few highlights" Top 5 Page for this destination New Hampshire by Pawtuxet
New Hampshire Travel Guide: 1,483 reviews and 4,329 photos
Just back from a visit to NH, my son and his wife. We had the pleasure of Strawberry Banke Candlelight walk - stunning, glowing, sparkling. Open for a few holiday weekends, there was music, cider, costumed guides, Christmas carols, and so much more. Check out my new page on Portsmouth, NH and Strawberry Banke (an entire town which has become a museum)
We've been to New Hampshire many times for many reasons, but don't think any trip could be better than the times we've spent at the lakefront home of some friends on Lake Winnepesauke.
Docks out front of the cabin...kids splashing...soaking up the sunshine. It's like living the movie, ON GOLDEN POND, which was made not far from here. The screened porch across the front of the house is where all the meals are served. Lounge chairs always on the dock...with boats bobbing beside you. The days seem endless when you lay in the sun...reading, relaxing, visiting with good friends.
Rte. 4 boasts more than 500 antiques dealers in the towns of Northwood, Lee, Epsom, and Chichester.
A weekend visiting our son in Nashua and Manchester was topped by a drive along Rte. 4 and a visit to a half dozen of the shops along the way. I'll add more later.......
Each season offers something different and wonderful. Their lakes, mountains, woods and shoreline make for scenic walks & drives as well as a full menu of sports activities.
THERE ARE 48 NEW HAMPSHIRE MOUNTAINS OVER 4,000 FEET HIGH, MORE THAN TWICE THE NUMBER IN MAINE AND VERMONT COMBINED.
All time favorite is of course, Lake Winnepesaukee. What could beat that? Some go for bike week and race around on motorcycles, some go antiqueing, others scour the discount stores. You might also tour the Castle in the Clouds!
Shaker Village is a fascinating tour of an unusual life style and time in American history. Their architecture, crafts, gardens, and foods are all pure and wonderful.
Our son and his wife have a timeshare condo in Ashland for a ski week. We visited for an overnight and enjoyed poking around a couple of the towns in that area. One of the joys of New Hampshire is that there are lots of interesting towns to poke in.
MEMORIAL DAY SPENT IN A TINY TOWN IN NEW HAMPSHIRE...ANTIQUE SHOPPING IN PETERBOROUGH
- Pros:Coastal, peaceful, historical, lakes, woods, wonderful !
- Cons:Don't go if you don't want to relax and enjoy...or ski!
- In a nutshell:It's a great state
We've stayed in the Courtyard in NH.. as well as Florida and generally find their comfort, service, and prices very... more travel advice
I've heard wonderful things about the DEERFIELD FAIR. A friend who has horses and a big farm in RI says they never miss... more travel advice
- See All Explore Antique Alley
- See All Always a dog around the lake
- See All Travel like the Shakers did ! :-)
Pawtuxet's Related Pages
New Hampshire Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "NEW HAMPSHIRE ~~ a few highlights"
- "My Favorite State in the Eastern United States"
- "New England's Alter Ego"
- "Getting the whole point of New Hampshire"
- "diver-x's New Hampshire Page"
- "Spectacular New Hampshire"
- "This is my Home"
- See All...
- Things to Do in New Hampshire
- Hotels in New Hampshire
- Transportation in New Hampshire
- Nightlife in New Hampshire
- Restaurants in New Hampshire
- Shopping in New Hampshire
- Warnings and Dangers in New Hampshire
- See All...
Badges & Stats in New Hampshire
- 53 Reviews
- 163 Photos
- 2 Forum posts
- 2 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (38)
Have you been to New Hampshire?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in New Hampshire
Top 10 Pages
- Krakow Intro, 53 reviews, 194 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Rockport Intro, 52 reviews, 166 photos, 2 travelogues
- Warsaw Intro, 47 reviews, 154 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination New Hampshire Intro, 42 reviews, 131 photos, 5 travelogues
- Pawtuxet Intro, 45 reviews, 128 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Savannah Intro, 33 reviews, 114 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Gloucester Intro, 32 reviews, 105 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Rhode Island Intro, 38 reviews, 91 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Providence Intro, 32 reviews, 95 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Long Island Intro, 27 reviews, 99 photos
FriendsSee All Friends (132)
Top New Hampshire hotels
- North Conway Hotels
- 82 Reviews - 218 Photos
- Portsmouth Hotels
- 255 Reviews - 1271 Photos
- Nashua Hotels
- 69 Reviews - 75 Photos
- Bretton Woods Hotels
- 5 Reviews - 11 Photos
- Manchester Hotels
- 66 Reviews - 107 Photos
- Bartlett Hotels
- 14 Reviews - 23 Photos
- Hampton Beach Hotels
- 24 Reviews - 82 Photos
- Lincoln Hotels
- 28 Reviews - 62 Photos
- New Castle Hotels
- 5 Reviews - 11 Photos
- South Hampton Hotels
- See nearby hotels
- Jackson Hotels
- 6 Reviews - 9 Photos
- Sanbornton Hotels
- 2 Reviews - 5 Photos
- Laconia Hotels
- 21 Reviews - 32 Photos
- Whitefield Hotels
- 3 Reviews - 9 Photos
- Weirs Beach Hotels
- 2 Reviews - 3 Photos