"NEW HAMPSHIRE ~~ a few highlights" Top 5 Page for this destination New Hampshire by Pawtuxet
New Hampshire Travel Guide: 1,516 reviews and 4,432 photos
Just back from a visit to NH, my son and his wife. We had the pleasure of Strawberry Banke Candlelight walk - stunning, glowing, sparkling. Open for a few holiday weekends, there was music, cider, costumed guides, Christmas carols, and so much more. Check out my new page on Portsmouth, NH and Strawberry Banke (an entire town which has become a museum)
We've been to New Hampshire many times for many reasons, but don't think any trip could be better than the times we've spent at the lakefront home of some friends on Lake Winnepesauke.
Docks out front of the cabin...kids splashing...soaking up the sunshine. It's like living the movie, ON GOLDEN POND, which was made not far from here. The screened porch across the front of the house is where all the meals are served. Lounge chairs always on the dock...with boats bobbing beside you. The days seem endless when you lay in the sun...reading, relaxing, visiting with good friends.
Rte. 4 boasts more than 500 antiques dealers in the towns of Northwood, Lee, Epsom, and Chichester.
A weekend visiting our son in Nashua and Manchester was topped by a drive along Rte. 4 and a visit to a half dozen of the shops along the way. I'll add more later.......
Nashua has an interesting main street filled with good eateries, shops, and convenient services. They have a farmers' market at the bridge in summer and this restaurant specializes in wholesome locally grown food for their offerings.
In Hudson you might explore Birch House which is just off Rte.3. Indoors and out are decorated and delightful. So many floral and decorating ideas. I couldn't resist a beeswax candle which gives you hand cream from the burned wax... plus a lovely scarf and a miniature tin bird cage. Lots of fun and the greenhouse outside is a charmer.
- Pros:Variety, Scenery, old, new and relaxation
- Cons:Isn't it a shame that there is no sales tax?
- In a nutshell:It's a great state
We've stayed in the Courtyard in NH.. as well as Florida and generally find their comfort, service, and prices very... more travel advice
I've heard wonderful things about the DEERFIELD FAIR. A friend who has horses and a big farm in RI says they never miss... more travel advice
- See All Explore Antique Alley
- See All Always a dog around the lake
- See All Travel like the Shakers did ! :-)
Pawtuxet's Related Pages
New Hampshire Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "NEW HAMPSHIRE ~~ a few highlights"
- "My Favorite State in the Eastern United States"
- "New England's Alter Ego"
- "Getting the whole point of New Hampshire"
- "diver-x's New Hampshire Page"
- "Spectacular New Hampshire"
- "This is my Home"
- See All...
- Things to Do in New Hampshire
- Hotels in New Hampshire
- Transportation in New Hampshire
- Nightlife in New Hampshire
- Restaurants in New Hampshire
- Shopping in New Hampshire
- Warnings and Dangers in New Hampshire
- See All...
Badges & Stats in New Hampshire
- 53 Reviews
- 168 Photos
- 3 Forum posts
- 2 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (40)
Have you been to New Hampshire?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in New Hampshire
- Posted in Travel Krakow Forum "Re: Restaurants in Jewish quarter"
- Commented on one of Pawtuxet's New Hampshire tips
- Uploaded a Photo to "Find something creative and cool in Hudson"
- updated a New Hampshire Travel Page "NEW HAMPSHIRE ~~ a few highlights"
- Wrote a Review Courtyard ~ reasonable and... in New Hampshire Hotels
Top 10 Pages
- Krakow Intro, 53 reviews, 194 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Rockport Intro, 52 reviews, 164 photos, 2 travelogues
- Warsaw Intro, 47 reviews, 154 photos, 5 travelogues
- Pawtuxet Intro, 45 reviews, 144 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination New Hampshire Intro, 42 reviews, 136 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Savannah Intro, 33 reviews, 114 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Gloucester Intro, 32 reviews, 105 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Providence Intro, 33 reviews, 99 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Rhode Island Intro, 38 reviews, 91 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Long Island Intro, 27 reviews, 99 photos