"NEW HAMPSHIRE ~~ a few highlights" Top 5 Page for this destination New Hampshire by Pawtuxet

New Hampshire Travel Guide: 1,516 reviews and 4,432 photos

Laid back and lazy ~ or holiday crazy!

Just back from a visit to NH, my son and his wife. We had the pleasure of Strawberry Banke Candlelight walk - stunning, glowing, sparkling. Open for a few holiday weekends, there was music, cider, costumed guides, Christmas carols, and so much more. Check out my new page on Portsmouth, NH and Strawberry Banke (an entire town which has become a museum)

We've been to New Hampshire many times for many reasons, but don't think any trip could be better than the times we've spent at the lakefront home of some friends on Lake Winnepesauke.

Docks out front of the cabin...kids splashing...soaking up the sunshine. It's like living the movie, ON GOLDEN POND, which was made not far from here. The screened porch across the front of the house is where all the meals are served. Lounge chairs always on the dock...with boats bobbing beside you. The days seem endless when you lay in the sun...reading, relaxing, visiting with good friends.

Exploring Antique Alley

Rte. 4 boasts more than 500 antiques dealers in the towns of Northwood, Lee, Epsom, and Chichester.
A weekend visiting our son in Nashua and Manchester was topped by a drive along Rte. 4 and a visit to a half dozen of the shops along the way. I'll add more later.......

Nashua - Hudson area

Nashua has an interesting main street filled with good eateries, shops, and convenient services. They have a farmers' market at the bridge in summer and this restaurant specializes in wholesome locally grown food for their offerings.

In Hudson you might explore Birch House which is just off Rte.3. Indoors and out are decorated and delightful. So many floral and decorating ideas. I couldn't resist a beeswax candle which gives you hand cream from the burned wax... plus a lovely scarf and a miniature tin bird cage. Lots of fun and the greenhouse outside is a charmer.

• Pros:Variety, Scenery, old, new and relaxation
  • Cons:Isn't it a shame that there is no sales tax?
  • In a nutshell:It's a great state
  • Last visit to New Hampshire: Oct 2013
  • Intro Updated Oct 19, 2013

• starship's Profile Photo
    Dec 17, 2012 at 5:15 AM

My Mother was born in New Hampshire but I have not spent much time in this state. Your pages certainly make me want to make up for the lost time! Your vintage family photos are a really nice touch!

• Pawtuxet's Profile Photo
      Dec 17, 2012 at 6:17 AM

Hope you get to enjoy some time in NH. It's a beautiful state with lots to offer - any season.

• tiabunna's Profile Photo
    Aug 20, 2012 at 5:44 AM

Thank you for letting me know of your updates to this page, Janet. They were enjoyable reading and a pleasant reminder of earlier VT days... Mead is indeed a tasty drop, though I haven't had any in ages (we actually brewed it when down on the ice).

• xaver's Profile Photo
    Oct 27, 2010 at 11:31 PM

Sceneries are wonderful, I was particulary caught by the Shaker village, seems a really nice place to visit.

• Oct 26, 2009 at 7:16 AM

Hi Janet - Really enjoyed your pages on the Shaker Village. We visited the Hancock Shaker Village on the New England trip. It was fascinating! Will hopefully get those pics up soon.

• icunme's Profile Photo
    Oct 6, 2009 at 10:53 PM

So sweet here - the lake, the museum of houses, the charming info center, castel/mansion - just really good Americana! Lovely tour with such a nice feel. You did it again! Ciao bella, <(•¿•)>

• lynnehamman's Profile Photo
    Sep 30, 2009 at 6:37 PM

Hey Davy Crockett- pardon my ignorance, but what is a whirly-gig? I could quite happily live in that Castle in the Clouds . Saw a doco recently on Shakers and their beautiful chairs. Nice page & pics.

• Waalewiener's Profile Photo
    Dec 11, 2007 at 4:12 PM

Hi Janet I just looked at your N H page and I seen you & kids in some older pic's haha still in a bathing suit We were in Portsmouth last september for the VT meeting it was great .Lori has the pic's & pages Janet I do very little in building pages etc

• starship's Profile Photo
    Dec 5, 2007 at 6:37 AM

Everytime I read your pages on someplace in New England, I want to get into the car and drive there!! Great work, Janet!!

• Dabs's Profile Photo
    Sep 27, 2007 at 8:09 AM

We didn't get to Castle in the Clouds but we really enjoyed Strawberry Banke, thanks for recommending it!

• Rixie's Profile Photo
    Aug 23, 2007 at 9:05 PM

Thanks for the postcard. I'm looking forward to Strawbery Banke.

Pawtuxet Visits Here Frequently!

Pawtuxet

“The World As A Family ~”

Badges & Stats in New Hampshire

Have you been to New Hampshire?