"WASHINGTON, DC ~ favorite city in US" Washington D.C. by Pawtuxet
Washington D.C. Travel Guide: 5,724 reviews and 15,308 photos
Springtime is the best time of the year to see Washington. You begin with the Mall which is bordered by the Capitol at one end, Washington Memorial at the other... and some of the finest mueums in the world along each side. . . The Smithsonian (which consists of too many buildings to count)... The big grassy area is often used for kite flying... and the walkways are usually filled with tourists and government workers...benches to rest...concession stands for snacks..and a carousel along the way for the kids.
The Smithsonian Museum is tough to grasp for those who have only just discovered it. One would think it would consist of only one building, when (in fact) it has dozens...and is spread all over DC as well as throughout the states. It is the largest collection in the world. Begin at the beautiful castle, and then proceed through as many buildings as you can. You'll never see all of what is located on the "mall" between the Capitol and the Lincoln Memorial...but you will certainly have fun trying.
I love staying at the Doolittle guest house when in DC. It's just up the street from the Capitol and easy walking distance to the metro and shops/ restaurants. Look at this location!!
More info on my hotel tip.
- Pros:Multi cultural, beautifully designed and landscaped, tons of free entertainment
- Cons:Usually not enough time to see all you'd like to see
- In a nutshell:an exciting town
DCA is a pleasant airport to land in, indeed. Not only can you walk across a covered walkway to a modern, clean metro... more travel advice
I was stunned as I walked through the halls outside the main church, and found above a doorway..... Eleanor Roosevelt!!... more travel advice
Pawtuxet's Related Pages
Washington D.C. Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Neither American nor European City :-)"
- "Washington DC"
- "Washington D.C."
- "MY HOMETOWN"
- "Washington D.C."
- "My Hometown"
- "Welcome to Washington DC our Nations Capital"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Washington D.C.
- Hotels in Washington D.C.
- Transportation in Washington D.C.
- Nightlife in Washington D.C.
- Restaurants in Washington D.C.
- Shopping in Washington D.C.
- Warnings and Dangers in Washington D.C.
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Washington D.C.
- 38 Reviews
- 58 Photos
- 20 Forum posts
- 0 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (58)
Have you been to Washington D.C.?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Washington D.C.
- Posted in Travel Warsaw Forum "Re: best hotels"
- Commented on one of davidjo's Washington D.C. tips
- updated a Washington D.C. Travel Page "WASHINGTON, DC ~ favorite city in US"
- Uploaded a Photo to "WASHINGTON, DC ~ favorite city in US"
- Wrote a Review Refreshing airport about Airports / Flights to D.C. in Washington D.C. Transportation
Top 10 Pages
- Krakow Intro, 53 reviews, 192 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Rockport Intro, 52 reviews, 164 photos, 2 travelogues
- Warsaw Intro, 47 reviews, 154 photos, 5 travelogues
- Pawtuxet Intro, 45 reviews, 144 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination New Hampshire Intro, 42 reviews, 136 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Savannah Intro, 33 reviews, 114 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Gloucester Intro, 32 reviews, 105 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Rhode Island Intro, 38 reviews, 91 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Providence Intro, 33 reviews, 96 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Long Island Intro, 27 reviews, 99 photos