"Quick stop-over this time" Dublin by Pawtuxet
Dublin Travel Guide: 5,403 reviews and 10,311 photos
We spent some time in Ireland years ago, but unfortunately it was pre-digital cameras and I don't remember a lot of it, so I don't have much of a story to tell. I do recall a charming tea room... wish I could recall the name & location. We did the usual... Trinity, museum, and a tour around the city. Perhaps one day my Irish friend will show me what I really should have seen in Dublin.
[You can see old pics of our first trip on my 'Ireland' page]
This year I passed through Dublin on my way to Krakow and had a very comfortable overnight stop just a short distance from the airport.
I found the airport much more user friendly than going through Heathrow, and my tickets were quite inexpensive flying with AerLingus.
Of course the views as you take off and land in Ireland are very, very green.
I stayed at the Carlton Hotel... lovely Polish woman at reception... and they had a very efficient van service to and from the airport.
My room was everything I needed and more. There was even a small balcony if you wish to sit outside and enjoy some fresh (rather than air conditioned) air. All the usual amenities were there... from room service, wake up calls, internet access, and ironing gear.
My only small complaint would have to be that the restaurant staff was a bit off their game. The experience level and attention to customers was a bit lacking.
However, I was there for only one meal... short walk out on the main street... and otherwise in my room, which was very comfortable.
I noticed there were many buses passing my hotel and coming out of a parking area nearby. It appeared that the connections to other places must be very convenient.
- In a nutshell:worth transferring through and avoiding Heathrow
Pawtuxet's Related Pages
Dublin Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Ultra Trendy Capital City"
- "AT LAST I MADE IT TO DUBLIN"
- "Great place - but not the real Ireland"
- "Dublin - The Windy City!!"
- "My first trip to Ireland!"
- "Dirty old town"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Dublin
- Hotels in Dublin
- Transportation in Dublin
- Nightlife in Dublin
- Restaurants in Dublin
- Shopping in Dublin
- Warnings and Dangers in Dublin
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Dublin
- 0 Reviews
- 3 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (56)
Have you been to Dublin?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Dublin
Photos in DublinSee All Photos (3)
Top 10 Pages
- Krakow Intro, 53 reviews, 192 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Rockport Intro, 52 reviews, 163 photos, 2 travelogues
- Warsaw Intro, 47 reviews, 154 photos, 5 travelogues
- Pawtuxet Intro, 45 reviews, 144 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination New Hampshire Intro, 42 reviews, 140 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Savannah Intro, 33 reviews, 111 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Gloucester Intro, 33 reviews, 110 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Providence Intro, 35 reviews, 100 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Rhode Island Intro, 38 reviews, 91 photos, 3 travelogues
- Kolbuszowa Intro, 25 reviews, 100 photos, 2 travelogues