"Quick stop-over this time" Dublin by Pawtuxet

Dublin Travel Guide: 5,145 reviews and 9,471 photos

Overnight one way......

We spent some time in Ireland years ago, but unfortunately it was pre-digital cameras and I don't remember a lot of it, so I don't have much of a story to tell. I do recall a charming tea room... wish I could recall the name & location. We did the usual... Trinity, museum, and a tour around the city. Perhaps one day my Irish friend will show me what I really should have seen in Dublin.
[You can see old pics of our first trip on my 'Ireland' page]
This year I passed through Dublin on my way to Krakow and had a very comfortable overnight stop just a short distance from the airport.
I found the airport much more user friendly than going through Heathrow, and my tickets were quite inexpensive flying with AerLingus.
Of course the views as you take off and land in Ireland are very, very green.
I stayed at the Carlton Hotel... lovely Polish woman at reception... and they had a very efficient van service to and from the airport.

Comfy, clean and convenient

My room was everything I needed and more. There was even a small balcony if you wish to sit outside and enjoy some fresh (rather than air conditioned) air. All the usual amenities were there... from room service, wake up calls, internet access, and ironing gear.
My only small complaint would have to be that the restaurant staff was a bit off their game. The experience level and attention to customers was a bit lacking.
However, I was there for only one meal... short walk out on the main street... and otherwise in my room, which was very comfortable.

Transportation links

I noticed there were many buses passing my hotel and coming out of a parking area nearby. It appeared that the connections to other places must be very convenient.

• In a nutshell:worth transferring through and avoiding Heathrow
  • Last visit to Dublin: Jun 2009
  • Intro Updated Jun 28, 2009

• Dec 9, 2009 at 1:39 AM

You will have to return to Ireland Janet and we can show you around Dublin and where my home is (next county along).

Pawtuxet

“The World As A Family ~”

Badges & Stats in Dublin