"Amalfi Coast....unparalleled beauty" Amalfi by Pawtuxet

Amalfi Travel Guide: 255 reviews and 728 photos

An unforgettable drive

My daughter was brave from driving in NYC and Boston traffic, so she volunteered to be the driver of our rental car as we set out from Sorrento on our way back to Rome. A road had washed out and we were told we had to take the coastal road, which was the long way around. We decided to give it a go rather than choosing another train ride.
I am so glad we did. No description could have prepared us for that car ride. I have enjoyed the coastlines of many places in the world, but this one is by far the most breathtaking I have ever seen.
My photos cannot do it justice. I hope that you will click to enlarge and study the details in the density and lushness of this scenery....and further, I wish you the opportunity to go there and see it for yourself. Stay longer than we did. Savor every moment.

• Pros:Most beautiful and interesting coastline anywhere!
  • Cons:Never enough time to absorb it in depth
  • In a nutshell:Thrilling....gorgeous...fascinating!!
  • Last visit to Amalfi: Feb 1992
  • Intro Updated Jun 7, 2007

• wise23girl's Profile Photo
    Feb 5, 2012 at 2:54 PM

So I chose this travel page from the top of the alphabetical list right under the photos on display of other travel pages.

I read the reviews and with one click came back to the main Amalfi page to comment.

The other thing that helps is to select all if there are more than one review ...say on Hotels... as you can get lost

Marg

• amsor's Profile Photo
    Apr 24, 2010 at 4:36 PM

great page, its a lovely part of italy !

• balhannah's Profile Photo
    Nov 5, 2009 at 12:00 AM

I bet you want to go back an visit here again, so beautiful! It must have been scary on those roads, a bit nerver wracking to say the least!

• icunme's Profile Photo
    Aug 29, 2009 at 12:20 AM

Grazie, mille grazie for the postcard which enticed me to take this delux tour w/you. Saw every photo - every detail. WOW! <(•¿•)>

• travelfrosch's Profile Photo
    Nov 30, 2008 at 6:37 PM

I must agree with you this coast is perhaps the most beautiful in the world. Thank you for the text, tips, and lovely photos! Cheers, Mark

• JLBG's Profile Photo
    Nov 27, 2008 at 8:52 PM

Wow ! This is a great page! The landscapes are breathtaking! I can understand your enthousiasm !

• olja1234's Profile Photo
    Oct 21, 2008 at 11:49 AM

Realy beautiful page, Janet. Photos...text...everything.

• hunterV's Profile Photo
    Feb 28, 2008 at 10:16 AM

Janet, you're right: astonishing isn't the word for it! Superb!

• Feb 15, 2008 at 7:10 AM

My Grandfather was stationed here at the end of World War II!!!

• TheWanderingCamel's Profile Photo
    Nov 30, 2007 at 6:38 AM

Molto bello, Janet. Gorgeous photos and a wonderfully descriptive journey you took us on along one of the world's "must see " roads- leyle

Pawtuxet

“The World As A Family ~”

Badges & Stats in Amalfi