"Look who is here!" Pawtuxet's Profile
After a very long and tedious search, we found the little one that was destined to be with us. He's an Australian Shepard, 7 months, 27 lbs., and we've named him Watson (great sniffer for a detective).
The Australian Shepards are known for one blue, one brown eye. Indians used to say it's a sacred eye. The tail is cropped. His coat is luxurious. He's a mixture of black white and brown. Couple of spots on the nose for good measure.
Watson was bred in Missouri, sold in a pet shop to a young couple w/ 2 yr. old child. Of course the puppy tried to herd the child and the parents were nervous so they turned him into the Potter Animal Rescue League in R.I. Thankfully, we came along at just the right time.
We're working on lots of puppy manners and his fear of men... must be bad memories there. Puppy school is in our future.
Meantime... there are new toys and treats and lots of things to discover!
We had a little graduation from Level I Puppy School and now enrolled in Level II Puppy School. Watson is loved by all, of course.. and doing very well. The trainers want him to go on to Agility Training... I'm afraid I could do the running to keep up, so a friend has volunteered. We'll take it one class at the time and see how it goes. His breed is quick to learn and quite acrobatic, so he should do well. I have a line on someone who has sheep we may be able to visit. ya---hoooo!! Watson can hardly wait. :-)
Manchester is another pearl in the necklace of little towns that are scattered up the coast from Boston to Rockport, Massachusetts. Sunny days can't be better spent than to wander the beaches, shopping, or just photographing the beautiful scenery and architecture throughout this northern stretch of land.
Hopefully you'll have an opportunity to knock around the region one day. It's full of little surprises...........and fabulous sea food!
Tune in to my Manchester
Check out the Gloucester page again. I've added several new suggestions for things to see and do.
Taking a drive up the north shore from Boston to Cape Ann is a great way to enjoy a sunny day or weekend. Ideal for day trips out of the city.
My birthday trip was all too short, and I think I will try to make a longer trip next time. So many distractions that I don't settle down to do the writing I plan to do while I'm there. I must visit the back roads and beaches and eateries and rocks and sunsets and shops and so many favorite old haunts. It's no wonder they have busloads of tourists year after year coming through on day trips.
Many coves and beaches you are bound to love as much as I do. Take a different route and find some more.
HOPE YOU'LL CHECK OUT MY LATEST UPDATES ON THE SAVANNAH GETAWAY
ANOTHER TRIP BACK TO POLAND. I ARRANGED FOR 2 SISTERS W/ GRANDPARENTS FROM THE SAME VILLAGE AS MINE, TO COME ALONG. DEAR GOSIA JOINED US AND I GOT TO MEET WLADEK! ALSO HOOKED UP WITH MATCRAZY1 AND MRS. MATCRAZY :-)
Take a look! ZAKOPANE..SEARCH FOR AN ARTIST This page is a bit quirky but the artists in the crowd will enjoy it, I think.
SPENT SEVERAL DAYS IN GRANDFATHER'S VILLAGE....
CMOLAS AND ZAREMBKI
OUR CENTER OF OPERATIONS WAS IN KOLBUSZOWA where we stayed in the glorious Skansen Village
Out into the hinterlands to visit grandfather's church in its newest location POREBY DYMARSKI
BACK TO KRAKOW ~ FOR THE MAGNIFICENT CORPUS CHRISTI CELEBRATION
This link to POLAND will guide you to pages on Poland....Warsaw, Krakow, Sandomierz, Gdansk, Kolbuszowa, Cmolas, Rzeszow, Czestochowa, and beyond.....
Here is my "Australia". She was my very special side kick...with a wonderful story to tell.
Many of you have kept track of my wonderful Australian Cattle dog (with a bit of Greyhound) over the years...especially because of her star status as the dog who saved my life when she was only about one year old. If you haven't read her story, scroll down to her page.
Aussie has been written about, awarded a medal, professionally photographed, spoiled as much as we could, and very well loved all of her years with us. She was about 16 years old at her death. Bless her little heart.
Hope you will check my Travelogue to learn the story of a ~"Australia"~ the heroine of the story
A friend and poet sent this today
There’s this thing about dogs:
They love you, no matter what.
They forgive you. No matter what.
They want to do the right thing.
Some of them save your life.
Oh, in the metaphorical way
we often say
because they make us
smile or wag a welcome
for some reason that day
a hundred times faster
making the dust fly
or the fallen leaves,
or a drift of snow.
And then, another day,
one particular dog,
one particular day
did that other thing.
She really did--
Save a life.
Aussie's story was published in a book entitled "Disposable Dogs" by Steve Swanbeck. She's a star!!:-)
A call from the author of "Disposable Dogs" informed me he's done another printing of this book...which has been his best selling book to date! Must be because of my Aussie's story.... wink, wink
Top Travel Pages
Explore the World
- Myrtle Beach Hotels
- Quezon City Hotels
- Las Vegas Hotels
- Parish of Portland Hotels
- Key West Hotels
- Bacolod City Hotels
- Laoag City Hotels
- Boracay Island Hotels
- Davao Hotels
- Karachi Hotels
- Munnar Hotels
- Pengkalan Balak Hotels
- Portland Hotels
- Broad Ripple Hotels
- Boon Lay Hotels
- Apostle Islands Hotels
- Addis Ababa Hotels
- Beijing Hotels
- Abu Dhabi Hotels
Share your travels with the world!Join Now!
Badges & Stats
- 1,618 Reviews
- 3,976 Photos
- 10 Countries
- 91 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (40)
- Commented on paulapes's profile page
- Posted in Travel Washington D.C. Forum "Re: What to do around Washington DC"
- Pawtuxet and Minceta are now friends.
- Uploaded a Photo to "Columbia... and Columbia Lake"
- updated a Connecticut Travel Page "Connecticut ~ Known as.. The Nutmeg State"
- Wrote a Review My favorite - in Providence Restaurants
updated their Profile Page "Look who is here!"
- Commented on the Manchester travel guide
Top 10 Pages
- Krakow Intro, 53 reviews, 194 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Rockport Intro, 52 reviews, 165 photos, 2 travelogues
- Warsaw Intro, 47 reviews, 154 photos, 5 travelogues
- Pawtuxet Intro, 45 reviews, 144 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination New Hampshire Intro, 42 reviews, 136 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Savannah Intro, 33 reviews, 114 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Gloucester Intro, 32 reviews, 105 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Providence Intro, 33 reviews, 99 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Rhode Island Intro, 38 reviews, 91 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Long Island Intro, 27 reviews, 99 photos
- Paris Hotels
- 22465 Reviews - 54992 Photos
- Dubai Hotels
- 2702 Reviews - 7926 Photos
- Subic Hotels
- 246 Reviews - 861 Photos
- London Hotels
- 23318 Reviews - 48909 Photos
- New York City Hotels
- 15643 Reviews - 31276 Photos
- Manila Hotels
- 2025 Reviews - 4971 Photos
- Baguio Hotels
- 328 Reviews - 894 Photos
- Orlando Hotels
- 3092 Reviews - 5855 Photos
- Punta Cana Hotels
- 422 Reviews - 1020 Photos
- Cancún Hotels
- 1933 Reviews - 3724 Photos
- Playa del Carmen Hotels
- 780 Reviews - 1749 Photos
- Goa Hotels
- 2058 Reviews - 3874 Photos
- Rome Hotels
- 12023 Reviews - 26760 Photos
- Bangkok Hotels
- 10315 Reviews - 22905 Photos
- Istanbul Hotels
- 7829 Reviews - 20234 Photos