"Warm up in San Diego" Pawtuxet's Profile

Return visit to explore new corners

Just back from a week visiting my son in SAN DIEGO He's been in a wonderful old 1920's stucco building with rooftop garden and interior atrium across from Balboa Park. Great spot. Short walk to Starbuck's... he can even hear the lions roar in Balboa Park Zoo on quiet mornings.
There are many interesting buildings, museums, restaurants, artist colony and more within the park.
Surrounding the park are a number of hip neighborhoods like South Park which are full of restaurants, cute shops, and bars where you are certain to be amused.
Don't miss Coronado and its famed hotel.... GORGEOUS!! (along with its beach)

New baby in the family....

After a very long and tedious search, we found the little one that was destined to be with us. He's an Australian Shepard, 7 months, 27 lbs., and we've named him Watson (great sniffer for a detective).
The Australian Shepards are known for one blue, one brown eye. Indians used to say it's a sacred eye. The tail is cropped. His coat is luxurious. He's a mixture of black white and brown. Couple of spots on the nose for good measure.
Watson was bred in Missouri, sold in a pet shop to a young couple w/ 2 yr. old child. Of course the puppy tried to herd the child and the parents were nervous so they turned him into the Potter Animal Rescue League in R.I. Thankfully, we came along at just the right time.

Manchester By The Sea

Manchester is another pearl in the necklace of little towns that are scattered up the coast from Boston to Rockport, Massachusetts. Sunny days can't be better spent than to wander the beaches, shopping, or just photographing the beautiful scenery and architecture throughout this northern stretch of land.
Hopefully you'll have an opportunity to knock around the region one day. It's full of little surprises...........and fabulous sea food!
Tune in to my Manchester

More in Gloucester

Check out the Gloucester page again. I've added several new suggestions for things to see and do.
Taking a drive up the north shore from Boston to Cape Ann is a great way to enjoy a sunny day or weekend. Ideal for day trips out of the city.

Gloucester

Back to Rockport - to drift with my thoughts....

My birthday trip was all too short, and I think I will try to make a longer trip next time. So many distractions that I don't settle down to do the writing I plan to do while I'm there. I must visit the back roads and beaches and eateries and rocks and sunsets and shops and so many favorite old haunts. It's no wonder they have busloads of tourists year after year coming through on day trips.
Many coves and beaches you are bound to love as much as I do. Take a different route and find some more.

ROCKPORT

SULTRY SAVANNAH was great - as usual

HOPE YOU'LL CHECK OUT MY LATEST UPDATES ON THE SAVANNAH GETAWAY
Sultry Savannah

========
ANOTHER TRIP BACK TO POLAND. I ARRANGED FOR 2 SISTERS W/ GRANDPARENTS FROM THE SAME VILLAGE AS MINE, TO COME ALONG. DEAR GOSIA JOINED US AND I GOT TO MEET WLADEK! ALSO HOOKED UP WITH MATCRAZY1 AND MRS. MATCRAZY :-)

Take a look! ZAKOPANE..SEARCH FOR AN ARTIST This page is a bit quirky but the artists in the crowd will enjoy it, I think.

SPENT SEVERAL DAYS IN GRANDFATHER'S VILLAGE....
CMOLAS AND ZAREMBKI

OUR CENTER OF OPERATIONS WAS IN KOLBUSZOWA where we stayed in the glorious Skansen Village

Out into the hinterlands to visit grandfather's church in its newest location POREBY DYMARSKI

BACK TO KRAKOW ~ FOR THE MAGNIFICENT CORPUS CHRISTI CELEBRATION

This link to POLAND will guide you to pages on Poland....Warsaw, Krakow, Sandomierz, Gdansk, Kolbuszowa, Cmolas, Rzeszow, Czestochowa, and beyond.....

My special girl... Australia

Here is my "Australia". She was my very special side kick...with a wonderful story to tell.
Many of you have kept track of my wonderful Australian Cattle dog (with a bit of Greyhound) over the years...especially because of her star status as the dog who saved my life when she was only about one year old. If you haven't read her story, scroll down to her page.
Aussie has been written about, awarded a medal, professionally photographed, spoiled as much as we could, and very well loved all of her years with us. She was about 16 years old at her death. Bless her little heart.
Hope you will check my Travelogue to learn the story of a ~"Australia"~ the heroine of the story

A friend and poet sent this today

Aussie

There’s this thing about dogs:
They love you, no matter what.
They forgive you. No matter what.
They want to do the right thing.

Some of them save your life.

Oh, in the metaphorical way
we often say
because they make us
smile or wag a welcome
for some reason that day
a hundred times faster
did that other thing.
She really did--

Save a life.

UPDATE!!***!!
Aussie's story was published in a book entitled "Disposable Dogs" by Steve Swanbeck. She's a star!!:-)
UPDATE 2008
A call from the author of "Disposable Dogs" informed me he's done another printing of this book...which has been his best selling book to date! Must be because of my Aussie's story.... wink, wink

• Intro Updated Apr 21, 2014

Share your travels with the world!

Join Now!
Pawtuxet's Profile Photo

Pawtuxet

“The World As A Family ~”

Real Name