"Love The Weather of Payson" Top 5 Page for this destination Payson by thechels

Payson Travel Guide: 63 reviews and 180 photos

morphing into a "Peace Gypsy"

I can vouch for the Matzazal casino... so far... I've had a GREAT TIME IN PAYSON!!! so far....that is ... woohooo!!! ... It is a QUIET SLEEPY SORT OF TOWN. ... you can catch a shuttle here from sky harbor Int'l airport (phoenix) ... for 50$ and it will take about 2 hours. VERY GROOVALISTICALLY kewl! (@around 3 bucks for a gallon of gas) ... ....
Still not bad considering someone else does the driving and pays for the gas.
Or ya'll can rent a car in the valley-return in the valley-(not sure if they "co-link" with any "Enterpise" in the valley or not---- the ONLY CAR RENTAL PLACE I HAVE FOUND IN PAYSON IS ENTERPRISE .. AND YES THEY HAVE WONDERFUL SERVICE... VERY FRIENDLY!!!! for a small deposit and a couple utility bills they won't even require a "r/t airline ticket" orrrrr "real" credit card. Not sure about the age limit... i had that one covered at 32 ... finally... *s*) c... I am traveling the country in a "cabover camper" and a cheapie little "ceramic heater" for 10$ from wal-mart keeps my cat and I PLENTY warm!!! Even when it is only 9 degrees outside!!!!

Now, in the summer time, especially the hot monsoon months of july and august, I am finding almost no need for air conditioning! I don't think it's reached above 100-105 degrees.
There are campgrounds abundant and open camping isn't difficult to find for that "privacy" I crave! the developed campgrounds are very reasonably priced, I think pets are allowed at all of them... watch your pets around WILDLIFE--ESPECIALLY AT NIGHT--E.G. SKUNKS!!! The smell eminates from your beloved pet for over a week i understand!!! ... ewww!!! my camper is just... way tooooo small for "pole cat" smell!!!!

I LOVE PAYSON ... since I am an Arizona native with a WONDERFUL mother who has gallavanted me around all over the state since birth ( Bless her Heart!) .... I can say that CHRISTOPHER CREEK IS ONE OF MY ALL TIME FAVORITE ARIZONA TO GO PLACES!!! ESPECIALLY FOR THE WINTER....( We --my mother and I, used to come here for "special" "occasions" when i was young! --I love to catch snow on my tongue *s**S*)

Most of the "quaint little cabin" getaway places have AWESOME DEALS DURING THE WINTER MONTHS AND MOST HAVE A FULL KITCHEN ANNNNND FIREPLACE with a "private" "porch" ... if you haven't checked out payson Arizona ... DEW IT!!!! IT'S ONLY ABOUT 3 HOURS from the grand canyon... (that's 3 hours --not rushing...hiss booo on the whole "rush" concept, yano... lol) ... .but seriously ... I honestly believe that Payson, Christopher Creek, Jerome, Tuzigoot, etc... are some of THEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE BEST WELL KEPT SECRETS OF THE "PHOENIX" VALLEY!!! (psssht... it's where we natives go to GET THE HELL AWAY FROM ALL THE DADGUM CONCRETE---&...[Bull-pucky]!!!!)

Anyway, I will try to keep my "up-north" pages and ventures up-to-date, I am just venturing out on my trek further into Northern Arizona... (again ... am a native so have known it all my life.. and LOVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! DAMMMIT!!! ... So now I am venturing into unchartered Chelsea-land to explore and discover the beauty that my grandfather loved so much and I never took the time to see or appreciate! ... (On hold for now...)So... keep me in prayer and take it easy ... or any way you can get it ... here in Payson it ain't hard ta find... (As a side note... I haven't gotten anywhere as my stupid stupid ford keeps breaking down *cry* )

Peace ...guidance, and protection

and definitly Cheseaness ....

thechels

The mogollom rim

a picture of the rim.

The mogollom rim

a picture FROM the rim.

• Last visit to Payson: Nov 2006
  • Intro Updated Aug 13, 2007

Comments

thechels Visits Here Frequently!

thechels

“Peace, Love, and Chelseaness!”

Ranked Member