Everglades National Park Sports & Outdoors Tips by worldtrekker
Everglades National Park Sports & Outdoors: 4 reviews and 4 photos
Navigating through Mangrove Tunnel
Canoeing is probably the most adventurous way of exploring the Everglades. Your going on your own steam and really getting a one on one experience with nature. My canoe trip was rather short - only a few hours, but still better than nothing. If I ever get the chance, I'll canoe the 100 mile long Wilderness Waterway which takes a minimum of seven days.
Equipment: If you have your own canoe that's great, otherwise there are a number of places where you can rent one. Floatation devices or life vests are required by law. If you're going on an extended trip or overnight then a tent would be a necessity. Make sure it protects against rain and mosquitos! There are a number of campgrounds along the Wilderness Waterway Trail between Everglades City and Flamingo. I haven't done this trip but would love to!
Address: Canoe trails in the south and west of the park
Directions: There are several canoe trails down near Flamingo and up near Everglades City. There's also a seven day trail connecting these two areas.
More Reviews (16)
worldtrekker's Related Pages
Everglades National Park Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Basaic Everglades National Park Page"
- "Okefenokee's River of Grass"
- "Among the lushest national parks in the system"
- "everglades national park"
- "Everglades National Park by Kimberlyann"
- "The Everglades "River of Grass""
- "Everglades National Park"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Everglades National Park
- Hotels in Everglades National Park
- Transportation in Everglades National Park
- Nightlife in Everglades National Park
- Restaurants in Everglades National Park
- Shopping in Everglades National Park
- Warnings and Dangers in Everglades National Park
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Everglades National Park
- 17 Reviews
- 39 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 14 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (15)
Have you been to Everglades National Park?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Everglades National Park
- Posted in Travel Australia Forum "Re: PIN will become the main form..."
- Wrote a Review Food and supplies unavailable in the park in Everglades National Park What to Pack
- updated a Everglades National Park Travelogue "Birds"
- Uploaded a Photo to "Beware of what's crossing your path!"
- Commented on one of mrclay2000's Everglades National Park travel pages
Photos in Everglades National ParkSee All Photos (39)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Estado de Baja California Sur Intro, 56 reviews, 75 photos, 2 travelogues
- Yellowstone National Park Intro, 48 reviews, 58 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Denali National Park and Preserve Intro, 38 reviews, 60 photos, 3 travelogues
- Oregon Intro, 38 reviews, 51 photos, 1 travelogue
- Hyder Intro, 24 reviews, 50 photos, 3 travelogues
- State of Queensland Intro, 13 reviews, 58 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Seward Intro, 24 reviews, 38 photos, 1 travelogue
- Everglades National Park Intro, 17 reviews, 39 photos, 3 travelogues
- Moab Intro, 28 reviews, 27 photos
- Bolzano Intro, 27 reviews, 28 photos