"Denali National Park" Top 5 Page for this destination Denali National Park and Preserve by worldtrekker

Interior Alaska's Denali National Park represents one of the world's last great frontiers for wilderness adventure. In spite of the large number of visitors, it remains largely wild and unspoiled. Although this park has spectacular scenery with mountains (including North America's highest), glaciers, vast expanses of alpine flowers, taiga and tundra, glacial streams, and lakes, what really draws people here is the wildlife. Denali is so abundant with wildlife that it has often been called the Serengeti of North America! I wouldn't dispute it!
As a tour guide, I made seven trips to this park in 1996 and two in 2001. Each time was fantastic! Even if the weather didn't permit us to see Denali's peak, there was always plenty of wildlife to keep us occupied. There are countless options of where you can hike, and so many species of animals that as a casual visitor, you'll never see them all. Even with all the trips I took here, I've only scratched the surface of this immense national park. At 6 million acres, it's larger than the state of Massachusetts!

• Pros:Incredible mountain scenery and wildlife, wildlife, wildlife. Did I mention wildlife?
  • Cons:Possibility for lots of rain and lots of mosquitos
  • In a nutshell:A must-see park in a must-see state
  • Last visit to Denali National Park and Preserve: Jul 2001
  • Intro Updated Mar 2, 2005

• slothtraveller's Profile Photo
    Jul 10, 2012 at 1:38 AM

Awesome pics of the views of Mt McKinley, Ernst. I enjoyed reading about your close encounters with the wildlife. It looks like a wonderful place to visit- although all those grizzlies walking about would be a little out of my comfort zone! Great that you got to glimpse a lynx too!

• balhannah's Profile Photo
    Jul 8, 2010 at 2:01 PM

Unfortunately, we couldn't make it to Denali, I knew we missed something special, and your pages have confirmed it.

• roamer61's Profile Photo
    Sep 8, 2009 at 4:26 AM

Good page on Denali and nice photos as well. I really should add it to my list for a return trip to Alaska.

• atufft's Profile Photo
    May 30, 2008 at 9:34 PM

Niced photography Ernst. I've got friends who live just outside the park and I have yet to visit them!

• CesVT's Profile Photo
    Mar 24, 2007 at 7:08 PM

Fascinating pages and awesome pics for someone planning a trip-thanks!! Your Seward/Kenai page already made me "drool"... Will keep you on my friends' list for further info!! (it's past 3 AM here in Paris-need some sleep...) :-)

• Aug 23, 2005 at 2:45 PM

excellent page!!

• Jul 14, 2005 at 3:59 PM

Wow, another of your nice and very detailed pages! Very impressive especially because of excellent wildlife photos. Great job!:-)

• Rastarigo's Profile Photo
    Jul 3, 2005 at 5:52 AM

i just know the word ptarmigan. now you've thought me what it is. thanks. do you have pics of a ptarmigan that has fully become white? love to see that

• Intrepidduck's Profile Photo
    Feb 22, 2005 at 4:18 AM

I've already bicycled one continent and intend on doing more and beginning in Alaska would be a great start - although I'm a little worried about the bears!

• ophiru's Profile Photo
    Feb 21, 2005 at 10:04 PM

great page with great tips and pictures !

worldtrekker

“Take only pictures, leave only footprints.”

Badges & Stats in Denali National Park and Preserve

Have you been to Denali National Park and Preserve?

Photos in Denali National Park and Preserve