"Anchorage" Anchorage by worldtrekker
Anchorage Travel Guide: 837 reviews and 1,559 photos
Half of Alaska's approximately 500,000 inhabitants live in Anchorage. The city is surrounded by mountains, dense forests, and water. It's quite like any other typical American city. It's a good place to get supplies for your trip as you could find just about anything here. I didn't personally take any pics in the city but the one here was taken by a tourist from one of my tours. It was taken around midnight after we left the Glacier Brewhouse. It's kind of strange coming out of a pub after a night of drinking and it's light outside... well maybe not for some of you. :-) With all there is to see in Alaska, I wouldn't spend much time in Anchorage. I've added a few places on this page that are within a 2 1/2 hour drive from the city. I don't have enough material on any of them individually to warrant seperate pages.
Here's another photo of the Portage Glacier and icebergs which have calved off of it in past years. The glacier is not... more travel advice
Talkeetna is a small and interesting historical town 2 1/2 hours drive north of Anchorage. The Old fashioned Main Street... more travel advice
worldtrekker's Related Pages
Anchorage Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Not Alaska - But You Can See It From Here"
- "Alaskan Fun Starts Here"
- "Anchorage, Alaska: A Great City in The Great Land"
- "My 2 Alaskas"
- "Anchorage - Gateway to Wild Alaska"
- "frankcanfly's Anchorage Page"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Anchorage
- Hotels in Anchorage
- Transportation in Anchorage
- Nightlife in Anchorage
- Restaurants in Anchorage
- Shopping in Anchorage
- Warnings and Dangers in Anchorage
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Anchorage
- 8 Reviews
- 8 Photos
- 3 Forum posts
- 26 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (10)
Have you been to Anchorage?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Anchorage
Photos in AnchorageSee All Photos (8)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Estado de Baja California Sur Intro, 56 reviews, 75 photos, 2 travelogues
- Yellowstone National Park Intro, 48 reviews, 58 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Denali National Park and Preserve Intro, 38 reviews, 60 photos, 3 travelogues
- Oregon Intro, 38 reviews, 51 photos, 1 travelogue
- Hyder Intro, 24 reviews, 50 photos, 3 travelogues
- State of Queensland Intro, 13 reviews, 58 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Seward Intro, 24 reviews, 38 photos, 1 travelogue
- Everglades National Park Intro, 17 reviews, 39 photos, 3 travelogues
- Moab Intro, 28 reviews, 27 photos
- Bolzano Intro, 27 reviews, 28 photos