Estado de Baja California Sur Warnings Or Dangers Tips by worldtrekker Top 5 Page for this destination
Estado de Baja California Sur Warnings and Dangers: 8 reviews and 6 photos
Livestock in the Baja are free roaming. They wander onto roads including the main highway, usually after dusk. Be careful and slow down if you must drive at night. I was driving along when I saw these to bulls going at it. It soon got too dark for me to see the outcome... so I continued on. ;-)
If you plan to drive extended distances in Baja make sure you are well prepared. There are hundreds of miles of road where you will see nothing as far as civilization goes. When you do come upon a small village or town, don't expect that you'll find the supplies you need. It's best to be as self sufficient as possible. Stock up on what you'll need when you reach larger towns. Make sure your vehicle is in good working order before you start the trip!
If you don't do these things, well... you may run into some problems. You don't want to get stuck out in a remote area - help may not come for quite a while. Vultures may start circling... ;-)
Line for fuel near Mulege
Fuel stations in Baja can be few and far between. If you are driving yourself down the peninsula, make sure you have an idea where the stations are and be prepared for long hauls. When I was traveling here in January 1998, there was a fuel shortage. I think the trucks were late or couldn't make it down because of flooding up north. It was El Nino that year. I first attempted to get fuel in Santa Rosalia when I found this out. I still had some fuel left, so I continued on to Mulege and that area for a couple of days. I had to backtrack a little to get fuel when the trucks finally arrived. Many people were obviously also waiting for these trucks...
More Reviews (53)
- See All Exploring San Fransisco de la Sierra
- See All Whale watching hotspot in Guerrero...
- See All Playa Escondida
worldtrekker's Related Pages
Estado de Baja California Sur Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "3 Weeks in Baja Sur"
- "cycling in the land of the giant cactus."
- "I arrived in the BJC on July 30, 2008..."
- "Car round trip from San Diego to Cabo San Lucas"
- "Baja California Sur"
- "Los Cabos"
- "I'll never forget the trip to Mexico"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Estado de Baja California Sur
- Hotels in Estado de Baja California Sur
- Transportation in Estado de Baja California Sur
- Nightlife in Estado de Baja California Sur
- Restaurants in Estado de Baja California Sur
- Shopping in Estado de Baja California Sur
- Warnings and Dangers in Estado de Baja California Sur
- See All...
Explore the World
- Ikotun Hotels
- Jiuzhaigou Hotels
- Lake Superior Provincial Park Hotels
- Freeport City
- Deer Creek State Park Hotels
- Mexico City
- Driving / Traffic
- Hanoi Warnings and Dangers
- Saudi Arabia Warnings and Dangers
- Uganda Warnings and Dangers
- Nürnberg Warnings and Dangers
- Bilbao Warnings and Dangers
- Ko Phi Phi Don Warnings and Dangers
- Estonia Warnings and Dangers
- Campeche Warnings and Dangers
- Bermuda Warnings and Dangers
- Göttingen Warnings and Dangers
Badges & Stats in Estado de Baja California Sur
- 56 Reviews
- 75 Photos
- 3 Forum posts
- 0 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (9)
Have you been to Estado de Baja California Sur?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Estado de Baja California Sur
- Posted in Travel San Francisco Forum "Re: Block ice... in or near..."
- Commented on one of windsorgirl's Estado de Baja California Sur travel pages
- Wrote a Review Hiking to Rock Art sites in Estado de Baja California Sur Off The Beaten Path
- Uploaded a Photo to "Traveling in Baja is a true adventure"
- updated a Estado de Baja California Sur Travelogue "Scenes from Baja"
Photos in Estado de Baja California SurSee All Photos (75)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Estado de Baja California Sur Intro, 56 reviews, 75 photos, 2 travelogues
- Yellowstone National Park Intro, 48 reviews, 58 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Denali National Park and Preserve Intro, 38 reviews, 60 photos, 3 travelogues
- Oregon Intro, 38 reviews, 51 photos, 1 travelogue
- Hyder Intro, 24 reviews, 50 photos, 3 travelogues
- State of Queensland Intro, 13 reviews, 58 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Seward Intro, 24 reviews, 38 photos, 1 travelogue
- Everglades National Park Intro, 17 reviews, 39 photos, 3 travelogues
- Moab Intro, 28 reviews, 27 photos
- Bolzano Intro, 27 reviews, 28 photos
FriendsSee All Friends (67)
Top Estado de Baja California Sur hotels
- Cabo San Lucas Hotels
- 717 Reviews - 1255 Photos
- San José del Cabo Hotels
- 57 Reviews - 118 Photos
- Loreto Hotels
- 137 Reviews - 288 Photos
- Guerrero Negro Hotels
- 19 Reviews - 54 Photos
- Los Barriles Hotels
- 40 Reviews - 112 Photos
- Ensenada Los Muertos Hotels
- See nearby hotels
- Todos Santos Hotels
- 47 Reviews - 117 Photos
- San Felipe Hotels
- 1 Review - 2 Photos
- Puerto Escondido Hotels
- 9 Reviews - 10 Photos
- El Triunfo Hotels
- 2 Reviews - 6 Photos
- El Sargento Hotels
- See nearby hotels
- Santa Rosalía Hotels
- 4 Reviews - 4 Photos
- La Paz Hotels
- 90 Reviews - 201 Photos
- Zacatecas Hotels
- 2 Reviews - 4 Photos
- El Cardoncito Hotels
- See nearby hotels