"Bolzano and the Dolomiti" Bolzano by worldtrekker
Bolzano Travel Guide: 206 reviews and 517 photos
The Dolomites are an incredible limestone mountain range in the Alps of northern Italy. This area is very popular with skiers in the winter and hikers and climbers in the summer. It's also a very picturesque area to just do a road trip. If you don't have access to a car, these mountains are not really accessible. I traveled with my brother from Stuttgart, Germany to Bolzano by train. From here there was really no public transport into the mountains, so we rented a car in town to make our 3 day excursion to Corvara. Our friends in Stuttgart come here for rock climbing and highly recommended it. This quaint little town is a good base from which to experience this region. In the pic you see a view of Rosengarten from a road leading out of Bolzano's vineyard region and into the mountains.
Take the cable tram up to the Gruppo di Sella near the mountain, Marmolada. If you have time and are fit, you can also... more travel advice
It was getting close to sunset, so I walked back down this road surrounded by vineyards into Bolzano. more travel advice
worldtrekker's Related Pages
Bolzano Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Bozen - Bolzano"
- "So Italian it felt like Austria"
- "ACCIDENTALLY - BOLZANO (VT joined forces)"
- "Bolzano, Home of the Ice Man"
- "Meeting with Christine (tini58.de) and Heinz ."
- "German speaking but ABSOLUTELY Italian"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Bolzano
- Hotels in Bolzano
- Transportation in Bolzano
- Nightlife in Bolzano
- Restaurants in Bolzano
- Shopping in Bolzano
- Warnings and Dangers in Bolzano
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Bolzano
- 27 Reviews
- 28 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 48 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (9)
Have you been to Bolzano?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Bolzano
- Posted in Travel San Francisco Forum "Re: Block ice... in or near..."
- Wrote a Review Take the cable tram up to the... in Bolzano Favorites
- Uploaded a Photo to "Take the cable tram up to the..."
- created a Bolzano Travel Page "Bolzano and the Dolomiti"
- Commented on one of rebibi's Bolzano travel pages
Photos in BolzanoSee All Photos (28)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Estado de Baja California Sur Intro, 56 reviews, 75 photos, 2 travelogues
- Yellowstone National Park Intro, 48 reviews, 58 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Denali National Park and Preserve Intro, 38 reviews, 60 photos, 3 travelogues
- Oregon Intro, 38 reviews, 51 photos, 1 travelogue
- Hyder Intro, 24 reviews, 50 photos, 3 travelogues
- State of Queensland Intro, 13 reviews, 58 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Seward Intro, 24 reviews, 38 photos, 1 travelogue
- Everglades National Park Intro, 17 reviews, 39 photos, 3 travelogues
- Moab Intro, 28 reviews, 27 photos
- Bolzano Intro, 27 reviews, 28 photos
Latest Bolzano hotel reviews
- Hotel Magdalener Hof
- 24 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Oct 27, 2013
- Hotel Alpi
- 35 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Oct 20, 2013
- Hotel Figl
- 46 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Sep 29, 2013
- Hotel Regina
- 4 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Jun 29, 2013
- Business Resort Parkhotel Werth
- 11 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Oct 24, 2013
- Hotel Greif
- 66 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 16, 2013
- Stadt Hotel Citta Bolzano
- 77 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 17, 2013
- Feichter Hotel
- 34 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 14, 2013