"The beautiful medievil town of Eze" Éze by chagi1
Éze Travel Guide: 207 reviews and 643 photos
This Beautiful town with a population of approximately 2,500 is located between Nice and Monoco.
If you take the Highway A8 follow the coast towards Menton, just about 9 km from Nice you will see signs for Eze.
The narrow street of the village tell the story...
To truly discover Eze you have to follow your instinct and trust the scent of jasmine and the carmine colours of bougainvillea.
You will come across sun-drenched paths, the remains of walls dating back to the Bronze age, wrought iron with wild roses bushes climbing them.
The walk to the top of the village is a must if not to see the beautiful flowers, then to see the panoramic view of the French Riviera.
The Exotic gardens were designed by the agronomist Jean Gastaud in 1949. The agaves, aloes, spurges and cacti reflect the light of the Mediteranean, grow and reproduce in a site of arid ruins.
It is said that these plants seem to carry the motto of Eze in their own way " Moriendo Renascor" or "In death I am reborn" for more pictures of the Exotic gardens please check out the travelogue
- In a nutshell:Absolutely beautiful, memorable, I still dream about it!
DON'T FORGET YOUR CAMERA!!!! This is not a place to visit without a camera to capture all that surrounds you. Forget... more travel advice
Just before entering in the Gardens of Eze is located the cafe you will have some beautiful views of it once you reach... more travel advice
Written Nov 7, 2004
Exotic Gardens of Eze
Written Nov 7, 2004
Beautiful Village of Eze
chagi1's Related Pages
Éze Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "The beauty of Eze-village"
- "Visit stunning medieval Eze on its hilltop perch!"
- "Eze-A Medieval View of France"
- "Eze ~ Medieval French Village Shines Like A Jewel"
- "High on a Mountain Top"
- "Eze - Côte d’Azur"
- "Èze Village"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Éze
- Hotels in Éze
- Transportation in Éze
- Restaurants in Éze
- Shopping in Éze
- Warnings and Dangers in Éze
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Éze
- 7 Reviews
- 25 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (3)
Have you been to Éze?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Éze
Top 10 Pages
- Dubai Intro, 7 reviews, 45 photos, 5 travelogues
- Italy Intro, 3 reviews, 43 photos, 5 travelogues
- Nice Intro, 12 reviews, 20 photos, 2 travelogues
- Éze Intro, 7 reviews, 25 photos, 2 travelogues
- Monistrol de Montserrat Intro, 2 reviews, 29 photos, 2 travelogues
- London Intro, 8 reviews, 18 photos, 1 travelogue
- Barcelona Intro, 1 review, 24 photos, 2 travelogues
- Chicago Intro, 12 reviews, 13 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Debrecen Intro, 20 reviews, 3 photos
- Timisoara Intro, 11 reviews, 5 photos
Travel InterestsSee All Travel Interests (5)
Latest Éze hotel reviews
- Chateau Eza
- 132 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 8, 2013
- Eza Vista
- 136 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 16, 2013
- Hotel Les Terrasses D'Eze
- 74 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Apr 12, 2013
- Cap Estel
- 26 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 11, 2013
- Chateau De La Chevre Dor
- 159 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 13, 2013
- Bastide aux Camelias
- 39 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Apr 11, 2013