"Rhone-Alpes... a simple name for such a rich area!" Top 5 Page for this destination Rhône-Alpes by cissou7
Rhône-Alpes Travel Guide: 2,491 reviews and 6,569 photos
I have to remind my lessons when i was under 10... Anyway let's understand why Rhone-Alpes is much more than Rh?ne and the Alps...
France is a small country... But very convenient: you can drive a hundred kilometer and the landscapes change amazingly. Rhone Alpes is the same concept in an even more reduced area.
Ok... let's start with a bit of history. France has been divided for administration convenience in 22 "R?gions" if I remember well under Napoleon "reign". Rhone Alpes is one of these 22 areas, one of the biggest, one of the richest.
If we get closer each region is divided in "départements". Each of them has a number you can see on the cars' licence plates (last 2 numbers). Rhône-Alpes has 8 "départments" which are Ain (01), Ardèche (07), Drôme (26), Isère (38), Loire (42), Rhône (69), Savoie (73) and Haute-Savoie (74).
I know very well Savoie and Haute Savoie but I have been in each of them. Below you will soon find a picture for each of them..
- Pros:So many things to see!
- Cons:People rae great but not the "warmer" you can find in France
- In a nutshell:One of the France's best place
cissou7's Related Pages
Rhône-Alpes Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Yet Another Beautiful Area Of France!"
- "Rhone-Alpes region"
- "Moscow - Rhone-Alpes"
- "Tranquille part of France"
- "Rhone-Alpes... a simple name for such a rich area!"
- "A Region Off Our Beaten Paths"
- "Les Menuires New Year 2005"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Rhône-Alpes
- Hotels in Rhône-Alpes
- Transportation in Rhône-Alpes
- Nightlife in Rhône-Alpes
- Restaurants in Rhône-Alpes
- Shopping in Rhône-Alpes
- Warnings and Dangers in Rhône-Alpes
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Rhône-Alpes
- 6 Reviews
- 73 Photos
- 26 Forum posts
- 3 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (2)
Have you been to Rhône-Alpes?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Rhône-Alpes
- Posted in Travel Lyon Forum "RE: RE: Desperately seeking hotel..."
- Wrote a Review Take the N212 road from Albertville to Sallanches in Rhône-Alpes Off The Beaten Path
- Uploaded a Photo to "Take the N212 road from Albertville to Sallanches"
- created a Rhône-Alpes Travel Page "Rhone-Alpes... a simple name for such a rich area!"
Top 10 Pages
- Megève Intro, 16 photos, 2 travelogues
- Morzine Intro, 1 review, 12 photos, 1 travelogue
- Grenoble Intro, 3 reviews, 9 photos, 1 travelogue
- Geneva Intro, 11 photos, 1 travelogue
- Albertville Intro, 11 photos, 1 travelogue
- Egypt Intro, 9 photos, 1 travelogue
- Les Gets Intro, 9 photos, 1 travelogue
- Nîmes Intro, 3 reviews, 4 photos
- Bonneval Intro, 7 photos, 1 travelogue
- Rome Intro, 6 photos, 1 travelogue