"Rhone-Alpes... a simple name for such a rich area!" Top 5 Page for this destination Rhône-Alpes by cissou7

Rhône-Alpes Travel Guide: 2,491 reviews and 6,572 photos

Just a bit of geography

I have to remind my lessons when i was under 10... Anyway let's understand why Rhone-Alpes is much more than Rh?ne and the Alps...
France is a small country... But very convenient: you can drive a hundred kilometer and the landscapes change amazingly. Rhone Alpes is the same concept in an even more reduced area.
Ok... let's start with a bit of history. France has been divided for administration convenience in 22 "R?gions" if I remember well under Napoleon "reign". Rhone Alpes is one of these 22 areas, one of the biggest, one of the richest.

If we get closer each region is divided in "départements". Each of them has a number you can see on the cars' licence plates (last 2 numbers). Rhône-Alpes has 8 "départments" which are Ain (01), Ardèche (07), Drôme (26), Isère (38), Loire (42), Rhône (69), Savoie (73) and Haute-Savoie (74).
I know very well Savoie and Haute Savoie but I have been in each of them. Below you will soon find a picture for each of them..

• Pros:So many things to see!
  • Cons:People rae great but not the "warmer" you can find in France
  • In a nutshell:One of the France's best place
  • Intro Written Sep 1, 2003

cissou7

“Fly me to the moon...”

Ranked Member

Badges & Stats in Rhône-Alpes

Have you been to Rhône-Alpes?