"Megeve: where the extrems live together" Megève by cissou7
Megève Travel Guide: 21 reviews and 104 photos
You may know Megeve as a VIP ski resort in a lovely valley close to the Mont Blanc. But Megeve is more than this.
This is a place where antonysms live together.
There you can find the wealthiest people the world as ever seen. For instance there is a street called the "Edmond Rotschild Route". There are all the most fashionable shops with the most expensive prices from YSL to Escada, from Boss to Dior... there is a cute casino where you'll be look down if you do not wear your fur.
All this is not fake. This is not (only) show off. Some people simply live like this and could not imagine to live another way.
But there is also peasants taking care of their cows ad horses, people coming there for a walk in the mountain with their whole family.
So do not avoid Megeve thinking this is not a place for you. This is a place for everyone who enjoys the beauty of the surrounding nature.
See my Megeve travelogue for more pictures
Written Sep 1, 2003
An afternoon in Megeve
Written Sep 1, 2003
An afternoon in Megeve 2
cissou7's Related Pages
Megève Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Megeve on Summer and Winter"
- "Megeve: where the extrems live together"
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Megève
- 0 Reviews
- 16 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 6 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (2)
Have you been to Megève?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Megève
Photos in MegèveSee All Photos (16)
Top 10 Pages
- Megève Intro, 16 photos, 2 travelogues
- Morzine Intro, 1 review, 12 photos, 1 travelogue
- Grenoble Intro, 3 reviews, 9 photos, 1 travelogue
- Geneva Intro, 11 photos, 1 travelogue
- Albertville Intro, 11 photos, 1 travelogue
- Egypt Intro, 9 photos, 1 travelogue
- Les Gets Intro, 9 photos, 1 travelogue
- Nîmes Intro, 3 reviews, 4 photos
- Bonneval Intro, 7 photos, 1 travelogue
- Rome Intro, 6 photos, 1 travelogue