"Don_Wright's new Timmins Page (under construction)" Timmins by Don_Wright

Timmins Travel Guide: 12 reviews and 15 photos

Timmins, Ontario: Gold mines, moose, Molson Canadian beer, breeding ground for professional NHL players, home town of my father, and Shania Twain!

Really, four towns, Porcupine, South Porcupine, Schumacher, and Timmins, adjacent to each other in the Canadian wilderness! Timmins is the largest town, the others are more like villages.

This photo is just arriving at Timmins airport, walking outside of the terminal into the parking lot. What a nice greeting to see!

• Last visit to Timmins: Jan 2002
  • Intro Written Sep 11, 2002

• DAO's Profile Photo
    Oct 5, 2011 at 3:48 PM

Hi Don, Happy Birthday!

• BillNJ's Profile Photo
    May 3, 2008 at 4:02 PM

Great tips! I love Shania Twain --and I'm sure I would also love The Beer Store (haha). Best from New Jersey, Bill

• MrBill's Profile Photo
    Aug 5, 2005 at 3:01 AM

My grandfather was a goldminer in Timmins during the war and my mother was born there. Alas, I have never been there. Thanks for the intro. Cheers. Bill.

• jojocan's Profile Photo
    Jul 11, 2005 at 3:17 PM

Love the nightlife in Timmons!!!

• glennkasner's Profile Photo
    Dec 6, 2004 at 10:31 PM

Seeing all those cars tied to the buildings I would have thought you had a rather high incidence of car theft! ha ha! Block heaters - don't think we'll ever need those in South Africa

• muddybok's Profile Photo
    Feb 14, 2004 at 10:43 PM

I love Shania Twain! Lucky you ;-)

• Darby2's Profile Photo
    Dec 17, 2003 at 2:23 AM

Nice plane, Don. I think you must be related to the Wright Brothers. DeHavilland makes some of the best fliying machines in the world.

• KristaB's Profile Photo
    May 27, 2003 at 6:00 AM

And it's (only) 800 km north from Toronto - my friend wrote explainig he lives somewhere near Timmins! Lovely pictures!

• Ken_Weaver's Profile Photo
    Feb 27, 2003 at 11:24 AM

Great story about a little known place!

• caffeine_induced78's Profile Photo
    Feb 15, 2003 at 10:32 PM

can I get a loonie toonie? Beer - you have the right priorities. Great page and funny too.

Don_Wright

“It is the most awesome thing to have found one's other half”

Badges & Stats in Timmins

Have you been to Timmins?

Photos in Timmins