"Watamu" Watamu by BarbieGirl
Watamu Travel Guide: 33 reviews and 95 photos
Watamu is a seaside resort on the Indian Ocean coast of Kenya. It lies on a small headland, between the Blue Lagoon and Watamu Bay. Its main industries are tourism and fishing. The nearest big town is Malindi to which it is connected by frequent matatu.
The shoreline in the area which features white sand beaches and offshore coral formations arranged in three bays: Watamu Bay, Blue Bay and Turtle Bay. They are protected as part of the Watamu Marine National Park. The Marine Park is considered to be one of the best snorkelling and diving areas on the East African coast.
Watamu has an urban population of 1900 and it is part of the Malindi District.
BarbieGirl's Related Pages
Watamu Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Turtle Releases"
- "Watamu our new home"
- "Watuma Bay - Kenya"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Watamu
- Hotels in Watamu
- Transportation in Watamu
- Restaurants in Watamu
- Warnings and Dangers in Watamu
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Watamu
- 0 Reviews
- 0 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (2)
Have you been to Watamu?Share Your Travels
Top 10 Pages
- Maldives Intro, 60 reviews, 342 photos, 7 travelogues
- Tunisia Intro, 165 reviews, 166 photos, 1 travelogue
- Cancún Intro, 134 reviews, 135 photos
- Isola di Lampedusa Intro, 36 reviews, 211 photos, 5 travelogues
- Rome Intro, 65 reviews, 135 photos, 5 travelogues
- Havana Intro, 90 reviews, 91 photos
- Trieste Intro, 72 reviews, 72 photos
- Sardegna Intro, 59 reviews, 61 photos, 1 travelogue
- Bergamo Intro, 56 reviews, 57 photos
- Odense Intro, 19 reviews, 89 photos, 1 travelogue