"Howdy! Thanks for stoppin' by..." KenMore's Profile
Hello and welcome to my home page. All of my pages are still a work in progress, but I hope to finish them someday soon. Some of my United States pages only have one picture on them because I visited those places when I was a kid and I don't remember anything about them (except that I had a great time), but I like the pictures. My favorite page is my Fort Davis page. That is where I grew up. It's a lovely place to visit if you're ever in Texas.
I really enjoy this website. It gives me an opportunity to share my experiences with people who acutally want to hear them. (My family and friends have heard all my stories 10 times). But here on VT, I can share my experiences and make friends with other people who enjoy to travel as much as I do!
I love to travel. I've wanted to see the whole world since I was very small. I guess I get it from my grandparents. They have travelled exstensively through out Europe and the US. What I really enjoy is living in other countries and experiencing other cultures. The longest I've spent in another country was when I stayed in Sweden. I was there for 3 months. I had a wonderful time. And I see Sweden and the United States in a whole new light. I think travelling not only gives you the opportunity to experience other cultures, but it also teaches you more about your own country and culture.
The first real trip/vacation I took was with my family. I was about 5 years old and we went to California for a wedding. We drove all the way from west Texas. It was a great trip and I have a lot of fond memories. While in California, we visited Yosemite National Park and Disney World. We also stopped in Arizona to see the Grand Canyon.
The first trip I took outside the US was to Mexico with my best friend and her family during the summer of 1993. They have a cabin in a tiny fishing village on the west coast of Mexico. We spent 2 weeks laying on the beach. And we had the beach all to ourselves. We saw a lot of ocean life including dolphins.
My first solo trip was to Washington D.C. It was 1994, and I was 17 years old. I went to DC to attend a National Young Leaders Conference. The conference was designed to give high school students a closer look at how our government works. I did learn a lot, and I got to tour the city as well. The only bad part of the trip was the weather. I went in late January and there was an ice storm the entire week!
After I graduated from highschool, my mom took me to Cancun. We had a great time! The best part about going with my mother, was that we didn't spend all our time in the bars. We actually got to see some of the local attractions like Myan ruins.
In college I got the opportunity to study abroad twice. The first time was in the summer of 1997. We traveled around Italy before stopping in Lugano Switzerland to study at Franklin College.
By 2000, the travel bug had bitten me again. This time I took part in a study abroad program that went to the United Kingdom. We stayed in Canterbury, England for 4 weeks. During my spare time, I traveled to London and Edinbourgh. While I was in England, I took a weekend trip to Paris, France.
Top Travel Pages
Share your travels with the world!Join Now!
Badges & Stats
- 295 Reviews
- 661 Photos
- 8 Countries
- 35 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (5)
- KenMore and Turco are now friends.
- Uploaded a Photo to "See my brother Doug Moreland..."
updated their Profile Page "Howdy! Thanks for stoppin' by..."
- Wrote a Review Excellent place for Wedding Reception/Dinner in Gretna Green Restaurants
- updated a Gretna Green Travel Page "Want to get married in Europe?"
- Posted in Travel Ireland Forum "Re: Re: Eloping to Ireland"
- Commented on one of haimee's San Marcos travel pages
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Fort Davis Intro, 23 reviews, 99 photos, 3 travelogues
- United Kingdom Intro, 3 reviews, 92 photos, 6 travelogues
- Stockholm Intro, 24 reviews, 43 photos, 4 travelogues
- Orlando Intro, 21 reviews, 36 photos, 2 travelogues
- Austin Intro, 23 reviews, 30 photos, 1 travelogue
- Canterbury Intro, 13 reviews, 36 photos, 1 travelogue
- Texas Intro, 14 reviews, 29 photos, 2 travelogues
- London Intro, 19 reviews, 20 photos
- Houston Intro, 2 reviews, 28 photos, 1 travelogue
- Ruidoso Intro, 13 reviews, 17 photos, 1 travelogue
- Paris Hotels
- 22465 Reviews - 54992 Photos
- Dubai Hotels
- 2702 Reviews - 7926 Photos
- Subic Hotels
- 246 Reviews - 861 Photos
- London Hotels
- 23318 Reviews - 48909 Photos
- New York City Hotels
- 15643 Reviews - 31276 Photos
- Manila Hotels
- 2025 Reviews - 4971 Photos
- Baguio Hotels
- 328 Reviews - 894 Photos
- Orlando Hotels
- 3092 Reviews - 5855 Photos
- Punta Cana Hotels
- 422 Reviews - 1020 Photos
- Cancún Hotels
- 1933 Reviews - 3724 Photos
- Playa del Carmen Hotels
- 780 Reviews - 1749 Photos
- Goa Hotels
- 2058 Reviews - 3874 Photos
- Rome Hotels
- 12023 Reviews - 26760 Photos
- Bangkok Hotels
- 10315 Reviews - 22905 Photos
- Istanbul Hotels
- 7829 Reviews - 20234 Photos