"Davidp1952's new Bayfield Page" Bayfield by Davidp1952
Bayfield Travel Guide: 22 reviews and 37 photos
Bayfield is located on the shore of Lake Superior in northern Wisconsin.
Recorded history of the Apostle Island area goes back to the 1600s with the first French explorers and missionaries. Bayfield was established in 1856, and for the remainder of the 19th century experienced rapid growth in lumber, sandstone, shipping and commercial fishing.
Relive this fascinating history today as you wander Bayfield, study the beautiful brownstone courthouse, elegant Victorian homes built by lumbermen, or visit our wonderful Carnegie Library. Or ferry to Madeline Island to visit the Madeline Island Museum.
Davidp1952's Related Pages
Bayfield Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Beautiful Bayfield"
- "Superior Shores"
- "Davidp1952's new Bayfield Page"
- "Woody_H's new Bayfield Page"
- "Bayfield 1995"
- "A Pretty Town on the South Shore of Lake Superior"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Bayfield
- Transportation in Bayfield
- Nightlife in Bayfield
- Restaurants in Bayfield
- Shopping in Bayfield
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Bayfield
- 3 Reviews
- 4 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (7)
Have you been to Bayfield?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Bayfield
Photos in BayfieldSee All Photos (4)
Top 10 Pages
- Kansas City Intro, 35 reviews, 58 photos, 2 travelogues
- Arizona Intro, 56 photos, 3 travelogues
- Jamaica Intro, 8 reviews, 48 photos, 2 travelogues
- Tucson Intro, 23 reviews, 20 photos
- Estado de Baja California Sur Intro, 17 reviews, 25 photos, 1 travelogue
- Wyoming Intro, 19 reviews, 20 photos
- Hawaii (State of) Intro, 14 reviews, 24 photos, 1 travelogue
- Washington State Intro, 11 reviews, 24 photos, 1 travelogue
- Lone Pine Intro, 33 photos, 1 travelogue
- Weston Intro, 8 reviews, 23 photos, 1 travelogue