"Exeter, where the English part of my heart is :-)" Top 5 Page for this destination Exeter by Gillianina

Exeter Travel Guide: 222 reviews and 490 photos

Exeter is the capital city of the county of Devon, in south west England and has about 90.000 inhabitants.
I've been to Exeter three times: the first time was in 1998 for a language course organized by the city council of Bologna (where I live). The second time was in summer 2000, this time on my own, always to attend an English language school and I stayed there six weeks. I had a very good time, having met a log of nice boys and girls from all the world; and it was also very uselful for my English: for the first time I have spoken only English for 6 weeks...not bad!!
I have to say that in Exeter I stayed in a wonderful family, who made my stay in Exeter even more beuatiful and fun. They are great people, with a very positive attitude to life and always ready to joke and laugh. Then in AUgust 2005 for the first time I went to England just for holiday, instead that for an English course :P and I couldn't do without going to Exeter again and see my old host family! It was nice to see them and their city again!
I love Exeter!

• Last visit to Exeter: Sep 2000
  • Intro Updated Sep 13, 2005

• lou31's Profile Photo
    Feb 16, 2008 at 10:26 PM

Thanks for the Exeter insight. It is on my list so the info has been very helpful...thanks...

• LuisGuimaraes's Profile Photo
    Sep 29, 2006 at 1:54 AM

I like this intro!

• MURRA's Profile Photo
    May 10, 2006 at 7:22 AM

good fotos,nice cathedral

• Mysammy's Profile Photo
    Feb 16, 2006 at 7:00 AM

It's really nice page :) which remind me my wonderful time while I study there ... Thank you for bring me back a great memories

• cazz38's Profile Photo
    Jan 27, 2005 at 1:53 PM

Lovely page Sarah,its nice to see someone who has been to my home town and i agree the Double locks is a lovely place,we go there all the time in summer.

• Fen's Profile Photo
    Mar 10, 2004 at 2:44 AM

Interesting page on Exeter, perhaps I should pay it a visit this summer. You can't beat afternoon tiffin, with a tea and a scone..! haha

• travelinxs's Profile Photo
    Oct 26, 2003 at 4:01 AM

Excellent page; you know more than I do on Exeter and I live here(well, just down the road.) Think you should move 'Time Piece' to 'Warnings And Dangers' !!! lol. Very interesting. Cheers.

• Sophie1980's Profile Photo
    Mar 30, 2003 at 1:06 PM

My sister goes to University in Exeter. Nice pages!

Gillianina