"another beautiful old city after Sana'a" `Amran by erikute3534
`Amran Travel Guide: 6 reviews and 39 photos
it was really worth, though few people asked- why? why Amran.. Honestly, I just wanted to see the difference and more ladeback living than Sana'a.. and it was closest after Shibam city to Sana'a, so we packed for a day and went.
MUST TO KNOW: must book a tour as you need 'travel pass' between cities and agency will do it for you. For this they will ask you passport copies. Every time we took at least 15-30min on border(going) to get permition from security that we are ok to go. It was weird as we needed to get 'escort' policy with us, but I think will be safer without them as going with police - everybody knows that in one of the cars tourists traveling.. never mind we were safe enough :)
Took about an hour to get to Amran from Sana'a...
- Pros:was worth it, very unique and interesting old part
- In a nutshell:hm.. too small? :)
I weared abayja and was greeted with a lot of warm smiles from local women and gestures ! more travel advice
erikute3534's Related Pages
`Amran Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Often overlooked"
- "another beautiful old city after Sana'a"
- "Amran and the Hajja Region"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in `Amran
- 4 Reviews
- 19 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (10)
Have you been to `Amran?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in `Amran
Photos in `AmranSee All Photos (19)
Top 10 Pages
- Tunisia Intro, 33 reviews, 63 photos, 1 travelogue
- Prague Intro, 23 reviews, 57 photos, 1 travelogue
- Malta Intro, 35 reviews, 37 photos, 1 travelogue
- Dubai Intro, 23 reviews, 25 photos
- Sanaa Intro, 14 reviews, 31 photos
- Italy Intro, 10 reviews, 33 photos, 3 travelogues
- Palma de Mallorca Intro, 12 reviews, 23 photos, 1 travelogue
- Singapore Intro, 12 reviews, 19 photos
- Kuhlan Intro, 8 reviews, 22 photos, 1 travelogue
- Egypt Intro, 17 reviews, 12 photos