"Fish Creek and other parts of Door County" Fish Creek by londonlover

Fish Creek Travel Guide: 12 reviews and 21 photos

Door County is a small but beautiful section of Wisconsin, on the thumb-shaped peninsula protruding into Lake Michigan. Since Door County is only about a four-hour drive from my home in northern Illinois, my family and I have been going here almost yearly for as long as I can remember. Popular with tourists, especially during the autumn color season, Door County is full of rustic trails and state parks to explore, as well as some quaint towns with good food and shops. Of these, Fish Creek is my favorite town to set as a "base" for exploring.

I have many fond memories of my many trips to this little corner of Wisconson! The picture above was taken on one of many trails in Peninsula State Park, back during my college years, I think.
<P>

• Pros:The best natural scenery in the upper Midwest
  • Cons:Jammed with tourists during most fall and summer weekends
  • In a nutshell:Worth fighting the crowds--lots of "old favorites" and hidden treasures.
  • Last visit to Fish Creek: Oct 2003
  • Intro Updated Oct 16, 2003

• Stephen-KarenConn's Profile Photo
    Aug 17, 2007 at 7:55 AM

We're leaving for Door County in a few hours. Will be camping at Peninsula State Park. I'll have to try the breakfast at the White Gull Inn. Looks yummy!

• deeper_blue's Profile Photo
    Jul 5, 2004 at 4:31 PM

Great pics and useful info. Nice one

• Geoff_Wright's Profile Photo
    Feb 3, 2004 at 3:45 AM

Wow, great little page Tara. Frozen custard in Fish Creek sounds delightful. Mucvh nicer than Fish Creek, Oregon, LOL!

• deecat's Profile Photo
    Dec 6, 2003 at 9:12 PM

Allan and I used to go to Fish Creek , especially for Fall Festival. We spent our honeymoon there & stayed in the honeymoon room at the White Gull Inn. I bought Allan a pencil drawing and framed it of the hotel for our tenth anniversary! Great work.

londonlover

“One does evil enough when one does nothing good. --German Proverb”

Badges & Stats in Fish Creek

Have you been to Fish Creek?

Latest Activity in Fish Creek