"Fish Creek and other parts of Door County" Fish Creek by londonlover
Fish Creek Travel Guide: 12 reviews and 21 photos
Door County is a small but beautiful section of Wisconsin, on the thumb-shaped peninsula protruding into Lake Michigan. Since Door County is only about a four-hour drive from my home in northern Illinois, my family and I have been going here almost yearly for as long as I can remember. Popular with tourists, especially during the autumn color season, Door County is full of rustic trails and state parks to explore, as well as some quaint towns with good food and shops. Of these, Fish Creek is my favorite town to set as a "base" for exploring.
I have many fond memories of my many trips to this little corner of Wisconson! The picture above was taken on one of many trails in Peninsula State Park, back during my college years, I think.
- Pros:The best natural scenery in the upper Midwest
- Cons:Jammed with tourists during most fall and summer weekends
- In a nutshell:Worth fighting the crowds--lots of "old favorites" and hidden treasures.
This quaint little restaurant is tucked away in Fish Creek, and it serves very good frozen custard in several appealing... more travel advice
This place isn't luxurious compared to some of the more posh inns, bed and breakfasts, and resorts in Fish Creek and... more travel advice
londonlover's Related Pages
Fish Creek Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Fish Creek and other parts of Door County"
- "Fish Creek in Door County"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Fish Creek
- 8 Reviews
- 9 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 4 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (8)
Have you been to Fish Creek?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Fish Creek
Top 10 Pages
- Chicago Intro, 98 reviews, 118 photos, 5 travelogues
- London Intro, 67 reviews, 74 photos, 1 travelogue
- New York City Intro, 52 reviews, 79 photos, 3 travelogues
- Washington D.C. Intro, 28 reviews, 56 photos, 3 travelogues
- Boston Intro, 24 reviews, 25 photos
- California Intro, 22 reviews, 20 photos
- Liverpool Intro, 19 reviews, 19 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Broadway Intro, 19 reviews, 19 photos
- York Intro, 16 reviews, 17 photos
- Bath Intro, 13 reviews, 13 photos