"Bristol Renaissance Faire: Daytrip from Chicago!" Bristol by londonlover
Bristol Travel Guide: 5 reviews and 9 photos
I chose to highlight the Bristol Renaissance Faire on this page, however, the town of Bristol itself is a fast-growing town right on the Wisconsin-Illinois border. Therefore, it is increasingly popular as a residence for families working in northeast Illinois who are looking for cheaper taxes and real estate than exist where I live!
But back to the fun, the Bristol Renaissance Faire is a yearly event held in a field off of Interstate I-94 every summer, on weekends starting in July and going through Labor Day. It would take about an hour and a half to get here from downtown Chicago, and it makes a fun, fantastical day out for any anglophile or fan of jousting, period costumes, etc. Take a look!
- Pros:Lots of fun, something for all ages, lots of interactive activities and games
- Cons:Like any "specialized" event, it attracts some diehard...weirdos. :)
- In a nutshell:http://www.renfair.com/bristol/
Here a wood nymph (yes, a real person in heavy costume!) investigates an intruder. The many people they hire here are... more travel advice
Here is my sister in front of a stand selling sassafras, which is root beer with a light licorice flavor...delicious!... more travel advice
londonlover's Related Pages
Bristol Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Bristol Renaissance Faire: Daytrip from Chicago!"
- "A Summer of Adventure!"
- "The Bristol Renaissance Faire-a WI MUST-SEE!!! :)"
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Bristol
- 5 Reviews
- 6 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (7)
Have you been to Bristol?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Bristol
Top 10 Pages
- Chicago Intro, 98 reviews, 118 photos, 5 travelogues
- London Intro, 67 reviews, 74 photos, 1 travelogue
- New York City Intro, 52 reviews, 79 photos, 3 travelogues
- Washington D.C. Intro, 28 reviews, 56 photos, 3 travelogues
- Boston Intro, 24 reviews, 25 photos
- California Intro, 22 reviews, 20 photos
- Liverpool Intro, 19 reviews, 19 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Broadway Intro, 19 reviews, 19 photos
- York Intro, 16 reviews, 17 photos
- Bath Intro, 13 reviews, 13 photos