"Naperville -- a fun western suburb of Chicago" Top 5 Page for this destination Naperville by londonlover

Naperville Travel Guide: 141 reviews and 271 photos

Though I've lived north of Chicago all my life, I never made it down to Naperville to explore their well-known Riverwalk and main street shopping district until May 2004. I'm disappointed that I hadn't discovered this great town earlier. Its downtown district is a beautiful place, with a great mix of quality chain stores alongside quaint one-of-a-kind shops...and a fabulous selection of restaurants. And best of all, there's a beautiful paved Riverwalk that runs alongside the river that cuts through downtown.

If you're coming to Chicago, I think Naperville is definitely worth a day trip--it is serviced by a direct Amtrak train service from downtown Chicago, so transportation is no problem.

See my tips below for a glimpse of Naperville in spring!

• Pros:Plenty to explore, lots to eat, easy to navigate on foot
  • Cons:A long jaunt from my home north of Chicago--and a bit expensive
  • In a nutshell:A great day out!
  • Last visit to Naperville: May 2004
  • Intro Updated May 8, 2004

• riorich55's Profile Photo
    Jul 2, 2009 at 9:37 AM

Tara, We may have a VT dinner in Naperville sometime in the next few months. I'll send you an invite when day and time is decided.

• deecat's Profile Photo
    Mar 13, 2005 at 9:36 PM

It's been 32 years since I've been in Naperville; it was just a bedroom community then. I lived in Hinsdale at the time. Great photos; wonderful restaurant tips. Beautiful river walk!

• shrimp56's Profile Photo
    Sep 19, 2004 at 9:22 AM

Naperville is a pleasant visit is good weather -- this weekend is the art fair along the riverwalk -- lot's of fun :)

londonlover

“One does evil enough when one does nothing good. --German Proverb”

Badges & Stats in Naperville

Have you been to Naperville?

Latest Activity in Naperville