"Broadway, Gem of the Cotswolds" Top 5 Page for this destination Broadway by londonlover

Broadway Travel Guide: 93 reviews and 148 photos

City girl that I am, I do love the frequent escape into the country-- especially the "civilised" countryside of England. And I've found no little villages as charming as those of the Cotswolds in central England. Since Broadway was the base for my visit, I've listed my Cotswold information on this page.

• Pros:Picture-perfect towns, sweeping vistas, many footpaths, cute shops and tearooms
  • Cons:A little slow after dark, and a challenge to reach without a car
  • In a nutshell:Gorgeous--can't wait to return with my own transportation!
  • Last visit to Broadway: May 2004
  • Intro Written Jun 11, 2004

• rexvaughan's Profile Photo
    Jul 7, 2008 at 10:08 AM

You obviously enjoy your travels which makes reading about them a pleasure. Hope you have a most Happy Birthday.

• evaanna's Profile Photo
    Aug 23, 2006 at 12:25 AM

Enjoyed reading your page very much. The B&B sounds great, wish I could have stayed there longer. Thanks for your tip on the Lygon Arms - I didn't even know I'd taken a picture of that. The taxi sounds expensive, I would never have got there without Alan.

• 850prc's Profile Photo
    Feb 20, 2006 at 11:59 AM

Especially good B&B info, Tara. And FWIW, your passport quote has always been one of my favorites. Churchill had quite the way with words.

• garridogal's Profile Photo
    Feb 18, 2006 at 7:50 AM

Broadway looks like the quintessentially cute English village. Great pictures! And I've tried sticky toffee pudding....YUM!

• iandsmith's Profile Photo
    Dec 23, 2005 at 2:52 PM

Lovely pictures and nice easy-to-read pages. Well done.

• vesna04's Profile Photo
    Dec 3, 2005 at 10:44 PM

Very nice page, here. Greetings,Vesna

• Ben-UK's Profile Photo
    Mar 18, 2005 at 10:41 PM

I used to visit Broadway many years ago - your page brought back good memories - glad you enjoy my home country so much.

• Mar 1, 2005 at 12:53 PM

Your Broadway pages are excellent.. you didnt miss a thing. Beautiful photos, they really brought back alot of memories!

• scotlandscotour's Profile Photo
    Oct 26, 2004 at 3:33 AM

Tara - these tips and pictures of broadway are really helpful. rachel has yet to go there and now I can show her why we must!!! I am now a big fan of your pages - best wishes from Scotland :-)

• neilward's Profile Photo
    Oct 6, 2004 at 4:48 AM

Love your pages on Broadway,great photos to.

londonlover

“One does evil enough when one does nothing good. --German Proverb”

Badges & Stats in Broadway

Have you been to Broadway?