"An idyllic little town on Lago di Como" Top 5 Page for this destination Varenna by londonlover
Varenna Travel Guide: 55 reviews and 244 photos
Compared to its close neighbor, Bellagio, I suppose Varenna isn't that well known. But I like it even better--a relatively unpretentious and quiet town on the banks of Lago di Como (Lake Como), Italy's relaxed region where the Alps begin. I spent two nights here, arriving here for the first leg of my first trip to Italy. It was a wonderful introduction to the country. Magnifico!
- Pros:Idyllic, soft, romantic Italy at its best--shouts honeymoon destination!
- Cons:Not all the locals are fluent in English, so carry your phrase books.
There are a couple of gelato places in Varenna, but this was my favorite. Delicious gelato served in a cone or in... more travel advice
The Albergo Milano is a hotel and restaurant, but we only ate here. It has to be the best place in town for a lovely... more travel advice
londonlover's Related Pages
Varenna Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Very pretty...."
- "Varenna - Lakeside village with charm"
- "An idyllic little town on Lago di Como"
- "Varenna, Lake Como's finest"
- "Varenna - Diamond of the Lake"
- "Lakeside Location"
- "Varenna - Lake little masterpiece"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Varenna
- Hotels in Varenna
- Transportation in Varenna
- Restaurants in Varenna
- Warnings and Dangers in Varenna
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Varenna
- 4 Reviews
- 10 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 4 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (11)
Have you been to Varenna?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Varenna
Photos in VarennaSee All Photos (10)
Top 10 Pages
- Chicago Intro, 98 reviews, 118 photos, 5 travelogues
- London Intro, 67 reviews, 74 photos, 1 travelogue
- New York City Intro, 52 reviews, 79 photos, 3 travelogues
- Washington D.C. Intro, 28 reviews, 56 photos, 3 travelogues
- Boston Intro, 24 reviews, 25 photos
- California Intro, 22 reviews, 20 photos
- Liverpool Intro, 19 reviews, 19 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Broadway Intro, 19 reviews, 19 photos
- York Intro, 16 reviews, 17 photos
- Bath Intro, 13 reviews, 13 photos