"Wanderlust in the blood..." londonlover's Profile
If I'm not planning a trip, I'm reminiscing about one or dreaming about the next! So many places to explore!
Orange County & San Diego -- December 2008
England -- September 2007
Florida -- March 2007
Orange County, California -- December 2006
Varenna/Venice/Rome/Positano/Milan, Italy -- September 2006
New York City -- May 2006
Banff, Alberta -- July 2005
You'll notice throughout my VT pages that I tend to take a lot of pictures of restaurants and food. :) I'm a clinically-diagnosed foodie! I love almost all cuisines, so my trips are treasure hunts for fun, unique, and memorable places to dine, whether street food, casual dining, or the occasional splurge. Also, I don't drink, so you won't find tips on bars or clubs in my pages. (But if you're looking for tips on desserts or coffee, you've come to the right girl!)
I'm not here to find a guy, okay? :)
Most Memorable Meals: Le Sept, Edinburgh; Tilley's Bistro, Bath; La Cambusa, Positano, Italy; Cafe Red Onion, Houston, Texas; Tribeca, Paris; Fifteen, London; Jamie's Italian, Oxford
Favorite American Cafe: Cafe Lalo, New York City
Favorite French Patisserie: Angelina's, Paris
Favorite Mexican Bakery: Mi Tierra, San Antonio
Favorite Latino restaurant: Cafe Red Onion, Houston, Texas
Favorite Espresso: Caffe Sant' Eustachio--Rome, Italy; Kean in Newport Beach, CA; and Hansa in Libertyville, IL
Favorite Gelato: Gellateria della Palma--Rome, Italy
Favorite Indian Food: Bombay Club, Washington, D.C.
Favorite Frozen Banana: Dad's on Balboa Island, California
Favorite Beach: Laguna Beach, California
Favorite Urban Beach: North Avenue Beach, Chicago
Favorite Rock Formations: Bryce Canyon, Utah
Favorite Mountains: Alberta Rockies
Favorite Lake: Lago di Como, Italy
Favorite Serene Countryside: East Sussex and the Cotswolds, England
Favorite Desert City Scene: Alcazar de Segovia, Spain
Favorite Museum: The British Library, London; The Met, New York City; The Art Institute, Chicago
Favorite Drive: Coast Road from Sorrento to Positano, Italy
Favorite Footpath: The Cotswold Way
Favorite Skyline: Chicago
Most Impressive Monument: Statue of Liberty, New York
Favorite Fall Colors: Door County, Wisconsin
Everyone wants to know the person behind the tips, right? I think the focus on VT should be the tips themselves rather than the authors, but here's the short version of me: I'm 30-something, native to Chicagoland, and a physical therapist. Besides travel, my main interests are music, Bible study, fitness, classic literature, photography, and cooking!
Food -- Italian, Greek, Mexican, and dessert!
Music -- Classical, Latino (Juanes, Fonseca, Reik, etc.), the Beatles, classic rock, U2, Sting, Eros Ramazotti, Phil Collins, Coldplay, the Corrs, Five for Fighting
Authors -- Charles Dickens, Charlotte Bronte, Jane Austen, JK Rowling, JR Tolkein
Sports Teams -- New York Yankees, Liverpool football
Personal Pages (1)
Top Travel Pages
Share your travels with the world!Join Now!
Badges & Stats
- 497 Reviews
- 673 Photos
- 5 Countries
- 31 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (12)
- Posted in Travel Doolin Forum "Re: Traditional pub songs"
updated their Profile Page "Wanderlust in the blood..."
- londonlover and Kentbein are now friends.
- updated a New York City Travel Page "New York City: Exciting, Beautiful, Resilient"
- Uploaded a Photo to "New York City: Exciting, Beautiful, Resilient"
- Commented on pg12359's profile page
- Wrote a Review Wow, above expectations! in Vernon Hills Restaurants
Top 10 Pages
- Chicago Intro, 98 reviews, 118 photos, 5 travelogues
- London Intro, 67 reviews, 74 photos, 1 travelogue
- New York City Intro, 52 reviews, 79 photos, 3 travelogues
- Washington D.C. Intro, 28 reviews, 56 photos, 3 travelogues
- Boston Intro, 24 reviews, 25 photos
- California Intro, 22 reviews, 20 photos
- Liverpool Intro, 19 reviews, 19 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Broadway Intro, 19 reviews, 19 photos
- York Intro, 16 reviews, 17 photos
- Bath Intro, 13 reviews, 13 photos