"Mr. Harket Home Town-"Train of thoughts"" Top 5 Page for this destination Kongsberg by Azhut
Kongsberg Travel Guide: 64 reviews and 130 photos
Kongsberg is a quiet, tiny village not far from Oslo. You can reach it by train in less then 2 hours. I spent there only some hours because, to tell you the truth, there is not much to see there especially if you don't have a car. I was alone and i went there by train so I was forced to stay around the center. Fortunately all the things that a tourist wants to see are very close to the main square!! Through the village runs a river (Numedalslaagen River) full of salmon and it is a spectacular sight from the bridge. Kongsberg is also famous for its old silver mine, the only place in the world where silver could be found in its pure form.
I decided to visit Kongsberg because I'm a great a-ha fan and the a-ha singer Morten Harket, was born there. I was just courios to know its town.
The silver road is the itinerary that you can start along Solveein from Hokksund, Vestfossen or Kongsberg (about one hour by car from Oslo). During the trip you will stop in Kongsberg to visit the famous silver mines. To learn more visit my local customs tip :-)
Another reason to visit Kongsberg is to see the Glocer organ inside the Kongsberg's Church. Recently restaured this organ is one of the most beautiful organ I've ever seen!
- Pros:Nature, silence, no smog
- Cons:Too quiet!
- In a nutshell:A nice place where to spend a day without stress!!
In 1624 the Dano-Norwegian King Christian IV ordered that a national highway be built from Konings-Bierg (Kongsberg) to... more travel advice
This beautiful organ called Glocer organ (because of the name of its German builder Gottfried Heinrich Gloger), was... more travel advice
Azhut's Related Pages
Kongsberg Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Kongsberg, silver mines and ski jumpers."
- "Mr. Harket Home Town-"Train of thoughts""
- "Kongsberg-"King's Mountain""
- "BBBBRRRRRRR !!!!!!!!!"
- "Mining Under the King's Mountain"
- "My cabin at Blefjell"
- "Konsberg Town"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Kongsberg
- Hotels in Kongsberg
- Transportation in Kongsberg
- Nightlife in Kongsberg
- Restaurants in Kongsberg
- Shopping in Kongsberg
- Warnings and Dangers in Kongsberg
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Kongsberg
- 10 Reviews
- 13 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 13 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (10)
Have you been to Kongsberg?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Kongsberg
Photos in KongsbergSee All Photos (13)
Top 10 Pages
- Barcelona Intro, 113 reviews, 155 photos, 5 travelogues
- Oslo Intro, 44 reviews, 103 photos, 8 travelogues
- Bologna Intro, 50 reviews, 68 photos, 2 travelogues
- Florence Intro, 43 reviews, 61 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Isola d' Elba Intro, 28 reviews, 59 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Livorno Intro, 41 reviews, 44 photos
- Paris Intro, 31 reviews, 49 photos, 3 travelogues
- Verona Intro, 36 reviews, 43 photos, 2 travelogues
- Prague Intro, 32 reviews, 44 photos, 3 travelogues
- Rosignano Solvay Intro, 35 reviews, 38 photos