"Mr. Harket Home Town-"Train of thoughts"" Top 5 Page for this destination Kongsberg by Azhut

Kongsberg Travel Guide: 75 reviews and 173 photos

A view of the river

Kongsberg is a quiet, tiny village not far from Oslo. You can reach it by train in less then 2 hours. I spent there only some hours because, to tell you the truth, there is not much to see there especially if you don't have a car. I was alone and i went there by train so I was forced to stay around the center. Fortunately all the things that a tourist wants to see are very close to the main square!! Through the village runs a river (Numedalslaagen River) full of salmon and it is a spectacular sight from the bridge. Kongsberg is also famous for its old silver mine, the only place in the world where silver could be found in its pure form.

I decided to visit Kongsberg because I'm a great a-ha fan and the a-ha singer Morten Harket, was born there. I was just courios to know its town.

Solvveien - the Silver road

The silver road is the itinerary that you can start along Solveein from Hokksund, Vestfossen or Kongsberg (about one hour by car from Oslo). During the trip you will stop in Kongsberg to visit the famous silver mines. To learn more visit my local customs tip :-)

The marvellous Glocer organ

Another reason to visit Kongsberg is to see the Glocer organ inside the Kongsberg's Church. Recently restaured this organ is one of the most beautiful organ I've ever seen!

• Pros:Nature, silence, no smog
  • Cons:Too quiet!
  • In a nutshell:A nice place where to spend a day without stress!!
  • Last visit to Kongsberg: Jun 2002
  • Intro Updated Sep 22, 2004

• Terje1966's Profile Photo
    Apr 9, 2010 at 4:21 PM

Hello. Since this was written the tourist office has moved to the railway station.

• sim1's Profile Photo
    Dec 9, 2004 at 7:10 AM

Lovely page Azzu! The organ looks great! I just love Norway, it is so beautiful! I hope to go back here some day soon! :-))

• dr.firas's Profile Photo
    Oct 14, 2004 at 2:11 AM

Very lovely Azzu, so nice pictures and info . as always made by you :-D

• Helga67's Profile Photo
    Oct 11, 2004 at 4:02 AM

Lovely page about an unknown place. The organ looks wonderful.

• nicolettart's Profile Photo
    Oct 8, 2004 at 8:03 PM

Absolutely amazing, Azzu! What great information.

• globetrott's Profile Photo
    Sep 27, 2004 at 6:52 AM

a lovely page & great pics ! ...that organ looks really great !

• pollon's Profile Photo
    Sep 22, 2004 at 1:06 AM

do you think "Train Of Thought" would fit this page??? you who went by train and you who thought of your best liked music group... ;-)...

• matcrazy1's Profile Photo
    Sep 21, 2004 at 10:56 AM

Lovely picture, great nature. Well, I prefer to eat fish than to kill them and I hate closed tourist offices :-))). Anyway, I would love to visit Kongsberg someday.

• Sep 19, 2004 at 12:36 PM

Kongsberg seems to be a verey beautiful village!

• OllySJ's Profile Photo
    Sep 17, 2004 at 1:21 PM

silver picture is fab!

Azhut

“*****After all this time I'm back! A great hug to all my friends!!*****”

Badges & Stats in Kongsberg

Have you been to Kongsberg?

Latest Activity in Kongsberg