"An "unknown" part of Sweden" Strömstad by Azhut
Strömstad Travel Guide: 30 reviews and 81 photos
I visited Stroemstad in 2002 and at that time there was a huge bridge, called Svinesund bridge, that connected the town of Stroemstad in Sweden to Svinesund, the town in Norway, far only few meters: that is why you can consider this bridge "The gateway to Norway" (look at http://www.svinesund.no/english/index.html for details about the bridge). To tell you the truth is always a charming feeling to pass from a country to another one in less then 5 minutes!
On june the 12th, another bridge, bigger and with a brillian design, was opened. ou will find some pictures of this bridge on my general tips. I took them from the same internet address I wrote before. If you are interested in the history ot the bridges, on that site you can read all you want to know about them, with stunning pictures too.
These cities are well known by Norwegians that are used to arrive there to buy some items becuase of Swede's lower taxes. They buy staff like meat, tobacco and cigarettes, wine, beer and liquor in general, but infortunately some of them go there just to drink and that can cause some troubles. The Afternposten, maybe the most important newspaper in Norway, wrote that:
"Swedish police report that most of the crimes committed by Norwegians are carried out when they're drunk".
In my picture you can see one of the boats that connects Stroemstad to the little islands of the Archipelago. This boat is called Furholmen becuase it leaves the harbor to take tourist to the Furholmen island. For more informations you only have to take a look to my transportation tips.
- Pros:deliciuos fish
- Cons:maybe too quiet for me!
- In a nutshell:A family place
Stroemstad is known for its fishing activities butwhen you are there you can choose among a great variety of things to... more travel advice
To celebrate the opening of the new bridge "Nybrua"n on June the 11th, Norway and Sweden worked together, organizing... more travel advice
Azhut's Related Pages
Strömstad Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "An "unknown" part of Sweden"
- "A Norwegian's shopping paradise"
- "A beautiful archipelago of the Swedish west coast"
- "Is this Norway or Sweden ??"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Strömstad
- Hotels in Strömstad
- Transportation in Strömstad
- Restaurants in Strömstad
- Shopping in Strömstad
- Warnings and Dangers in Strömstad
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Strömstad
- 17 Reviews
- 20 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 14 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (10)
Have you been to Strömstad?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Strömstad
Top 10 Pages
- Barcelona Intro, 113 reviews, 155 photos, 5 travelogues
- Oslo Intro, 44 reviews, 103 photos, 8 travelogues
- Bologna Intro, 50 reviews, 68 photos, 2 travelogues
- Florence Intro, 43 reviews, 61 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Isola d' Elba Intro, 28 reviews, 59 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Livorno Intro, 41 reviews, 44 photos
- Paris Intro, 31 reviews, 49 photos, 3 travelogues
- Verona Intro, 36 reviews, 43 photos, 2 travelogues
- Prague Intro, 32 reviews, 44 photos, 3 travelogues
- Rosignano Solvay Intro, 35 reviews, 38 photos