"An "unknown" part of Sweden" Strömstad by Azhut

Strömstad Travel Guide: 30 reviews and 81 photos

A fast trip!

I visited Stroemstad in 2002 and at that time there was a huge bridge, called Svinesund bridge, that connected the town of Stroemstad in Sweden to Svinesund, the town in Norway, far only few meters: that is why you can consider this bridge "The gateway to Norway" (look at http://www.svinesund.no/english/index.html for details about the bridge). To tell you the truth is always a charming feeling to pass from a country to another one in less then 5 minutes!

On june the 12th, another bridge, bigger and with a brillian design, was opened. ou will find some pictures of this bridge on my general tips. I took them from the same internet address I wrote before. If you are interested in the history ot the bridges, on that site you can read all you want to know about them, with stunning pictures too.

Stroemstad & Svinesund

These cities are well known by Norwegians that are used to arrive there to buy some items becuase of Swede's lower taxes. They buy staff like meat, tobacco and cigarettes, wine, beer and liquor in general, but infortunately some of them go there just to drink and that can cause some troubles. The Afternposten, maybe the most important newspaper in Norway, wrote that:
"Swedish police report that most of the crimes committed by Norwegians are carried out when they're drunk".

The way to Furholmen

In my picture you can see one of the boats that connects Stroemstad to the little islands of the Archipelago. This boat is called Furholmen becuase it leaves the harbor to take tourist to the Furholmen island. For more informations you only have to take a look to my transportation tips.

• Pros:deliciuos fish
  • Cons:maybe too quiet for me!
  • In a nutshell:A family place
  • Last visit to Strömstad: Jun 2002
  • Intro Updated Jun 29, 2005

• amandamac15's Profile Photo
    Jul 28, 2008 at 5:17 PM

Yes this is the town hall in Stromstad and it is very distinctive. What an imposing site as you come up that street. I was there in 2008.

• nepalgoods's Profile Photo
    Oct 2, 2007 at 4:36 AM

Nice page about this friendly place! Great pics!

• Jul 13, 2007 at 11:10 AM

The name of the boat is (only) M/F Birgit. "Turlista" is swedish for timetable. Ain´t that funny ? :-) I´m living in Strömstad and was "googling" for the timetable of that boat and found this instead.

• Matty444444444's Profile Photo
    Jun 20, 2006 at 5:16 PM

How do you cross that bridge...it must have not been completed yet. LOVE that part of the world...So great, and nice, and clean, and beautiful, and peaceful too.

• nike85's Profile Photo
    Oct 16, 2005 at 10:13 AM

Scampi! Buoni ma chissà quanto costano!!

• 850prc's Profile Photo
    Jul 29, 2005 at 4:15 PM

Wonderful look at a place I'd barely heard of. I love fresh cod, so I'm sure the restaurant tip is a good one. : )

• jto's Profile Photo
    Jul 18, 2005 at 1:47 AM

Great page about the "little Norway" city Strömstad. I've never been here but I may visit when im nearby. It looks like a nice place.

• Jul 3, 2005 at 12:14 PM

;-) GReat start

• Pippor's Profile Photo
    Jul 3, 2005 at 12:49 AM

carina e belli i fuochi :-)

• Henrik_rrb's Profile Photo
    Jul 2, 2005 at 3:57 AM

Bella pagina, Azzura! Non avevo pensato sulle colore nel "traffic signs"!? :D Anche se non lo so se questo e per fanatismo... :)

Azhut

“*****After all this time I'm back! A great hug to all my friends!!*****”

Badges & Stats in Strömstad

Have you been to Strömstad?

Latest Activity in Strömstad