"Ferrara, town of Estense's Family" Ferrara by Azhut

Ferrara Travel Guide: 328 reviews and 837 photos

A morning in Ferrara

Town area: Kmq 404,35
Altimetry: mt. 9 (min.1 max 16)
Population: 132.123
Density: 326,75

Me and my man decided to go to Ferrara last week just for a fast visit becuase of the hot weather! We had fun visiting this little town, but we suffered enough the climate, so we spent there only few hours. I think I'll visit again Ferrara in autumn, when temperatures are better for a trip!

It's not a good idea to choose to visit the castle at 1 p.m in summer time.. We had 38° and I was tired and thirsty before starting the visit!

As every town during Middle Ages, Ferrara had protecting by big walls along all its boundary. Today the walls are not in good shape, a great part of them are shatted.

• Pros:Nice little city not far from Bologna
  • Cons:Too hot in summer !
  • In a nutshell:Monuments, landscapes and deliciuos food
  • Last visit to Ferrara: Aug 2003
  • Intro Updated Aug 4, 2005

• Jul 19, 2007 at 2:27 AM

This pizzeria is actually down the street (south) from the cathedral. I wouldn't bother though. We did eat there once. The pizza and service is not as good as others. It was more expensive, as well -- the coperto (cover charge pp) may have been high.

• sim1's Profile Photo
    Apr 22, 2005 at 1:01 PM

Beautiful page Azzu! Ferrara looks wonderful! But eeks.... 38 degrees! That's a bit too warm indeed. Ferrara is on my wishlist.... so maybe some day I will be able to visit :-)) Have a wonderful weekend! :-))

• dr.firas's Profile Photo
    Apr 22, 2005 at 8:07 AM

Great page of Ferrara! Looks like a real wonderful city! One day I'll visit for sure! :-)))

• Apr 17, 2005 at 8:26 AM

An impressive town!

• Toyin's Profile Photo
    Jan 30, 2005 at 5:52 AM

Interesting page, yes; very fascinating. Thanks for sharing.

• croisbeauty's Profile Photo
    Jan 23, 2005 at 4:57 AM

Passavo vicino mille volte, sempre in corsa, ma in una occasione prosima mi fermero. Bel' lavoro di una citta stupenda

• Jim_Eliason's Profile Photo
    Jan 22, 2005 at 11:52 AM

fascinating city!

• JLBG's Profile Photo
    Nov 12, 2004 at 10:47 PM

Very good page full ofinteresing tips. I will remind to visit Ferrara in Spring ot in Automn but not in Summer !

• iandsmith's Profile Photo
    Oct 10, 2004 at 4:08 AM

Excellent information. How I wish the castle was open when I visited!

• matcrazy1's Profile Photo
    Sep 20, 2004 at 9:47 AM

A very good page and infI liked there although I spent only a few hours there!!!

Azhut

“*****After all this time I'm back! A great hug to all my friends!!*****”

Badges & Stats in Ferrara

Have you been to Ferrara?

Latest Activity in Ferrara