"Trento page" Top 5 Page for this destination Trento by Azhut
Trento Travel Guide: 191 reviews and 482 photos
Trento is a nice little town close to the Italian Alps (Dolomiti). I spent just a morning there but I think is a very interesting place to stay for a while. The city is rich of culture and history. It's possible to visit the old Castello del Buonconsiglio and the churches of the town. If you go there during the winter you can join the Alps in few hours.
A bit of history.
Trento, a city full of arts and history, where the Italian culture meets the Central European culture. The Roman (in 46 AD it was declared Splendidum Municipium) and Council city (1545 - 1563) conserves in its precious monuments a rich artistic and historic heritage, which dates back to the time, when the Italian met the Nordic culture.
Thanks to its Renaissance-style characteristics, Trento is unique among the Alpine cities. In the course of recent renovation works, the city has been given a face lift. Worth to visit are, among other things, Castello del Buonconsiglio (for many centuries residence of the Prince Bishops of Trento), the cathedral, the museums and exhibitions, which reflect still today that Trento is a melting pot of Alpine arts, culture and traditions.
194 m elevation
A virtual tour.
The tour starts at Castello del Buonconsiglio and crosses the historical center up to the piazza Duomo, passing by the most beautiful palaces with its frescos. Walking through Via San Marco, via Manci and via Belenzani, as well as other narrow streets, you can enjoy more historic and artistic buildings, the characteristic arcades in via Suffragio and the ancient towers with battlements. During the tour you can get an insight into the various architectonic styles, from Gothic and Roman to Baroque.
Trento is also an old town. its center offers a wonderful Dome and a Civic Tower very close to it.
In the picture you can see a panorama of this two important buildings.
This picture shows the most importan square of Trento, Piazza Duomo. Just in the center of the square you can find the Civic Tower.
- Pros:Little spaces, romantic places and good food
- Cons:Hot weather in summer time despite the Alps are so close!
- In a nutshell:If you go to the Dolomites spend few hours there
Inside this Abbey it,s possible to discover a beautiful Organ in baroque style. I've always loved Baroque. more travel advice
The S. Lawrence abbey, in via Pozzo street, Opening Open: from 01/01/03 to 31/12/03 Opening hours: 07:00 am to... more travel advice
- See All The Palio città di Trento
- See All Cielo Aperto Style
- Parking areas
- The best way is by.....
- A sport for every season
Azhut's Related Pages
Trento Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Trento - a forgotten town"
- "Trento page"
- "Trento nestled in the Dolomite mountains"
- "Trento, Italy"
- "Trento Tour with Maurizioago"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Trento
- Hotels in Trento
- Transportation in Trento
- Restaurants in Trento
- Shopping in Trento
- Warnings and Dangers in Trento
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Trento
- 20 Reviews
- 23 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 19 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (15)
Have you been to Trento?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Trento
Photos in TrentoSee All Photos (23)
Top 10 Pages
- Barcelona Intro, 113 reviews, 155 photos, 5 travelogues
- Oslo Intro, 44 reviews, 103 photos, 8 travelogues
- Bologna Intro, 50 reviews, 68 photos, 2 travelogues
- Florence Intro, 43 reviews, 61 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Isola d' Elba Intro, 28 reviews, 59 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Livorno Intro, 41 reviews, 44 photos
- Paris Intro, 31 reviews, 49 photos, 3 travelogues
- Verona Intro, 36 reviews, 43 photos, 2 travelogues
- Prague Intro, 32 reviews, 44 photos, 3 travelogues
- Rosignano Solvay Intro, 35 reviews, 38 photos